Thomson Dream Cruise Review by charliepoodle

Thomson Dream
Member Name: charliepoodle
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Barbados
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Thomson Dream Caribbean Treasures
I travelled with my husband, and 2 teenage children (it was our first cruise) and My mum and dad, who have been on other cruises before. The travel and process of embarkation was slick and no problems encountered. Once on board the ship, you could sense that it is an older ship, but was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Our luggage was placed in our rooms about an hour after our arrival on board.

The rooms were adequate, but in my opinion needed a make over (I have now found out that the ship is having a make over for this coming winter season and will be a Platinum Ship for Thomson - hence we are just going to book it again for February next year!) The facilities on board are great, I like the feel of the ship, that it is more personal and less people on board than some of the bigger ships (I have just returned home from the Carnival Breeze)

The food is of excellent standard and the service on board was of a very high standard. We always ate in the main waiter service restaurant The Orion I think, you could eat in here for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we mainly ate in there at dinner, and occasionally lunch. The entertainment on board was great, the main bar area was good, and there was plenty of room for sunbathing especially on sea days. There were plenty of waiters to take care of your needs. We upgraded and paid for all inclusive, which proved to be the best for us, as we do like a drink when we are away, this included the cocktail of the day. One day it was champagne cocktails, which was great as it was included. There were certain items on the AI where you had to pay a contribution, certain malt whiskeys etc bottled beer.

The trips offered for the tours we took were great, we didn't book every island but most, instructions easy to follow and great tour guides. The catamaran trip at Antigua Lobster and Champagne was great, swim with the dolphins in the British Virgin Islands was great as they are in the sea and not a pool. The ships staff from the restaurants and bars performed one night, and there were some great singers one in particular, she sang opera and it was amazing! Would I book it again, yes I would, for the service and great value for money and the great atmosphere on board, We are in the process of booking again for next year to do do a different Caribbean island tour!

Publication Date: 07/19/12