Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Bellagirl18

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Bellagirl18
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: Bellagirl18
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Grand Time on Grandeur of the Seas
Guests on this trip were: my mum, dad, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin & me.

Saturday 30th June we drove to Edinburgh airport where we boarded a Jet2 plane to Marco Polo airport in Venice. We took our booked water-taxis to beside St Marks Sq where we went to the Castello Hotel where we put cases into the ready rooms before going out for lunch at a cafe then we walked to St Marks Sq then to the Rialto bridge,went back to hotel then went out for supper then retired to the hotel.

Sunday 1st July after breakfast in the hotel we walked to the pier beside St Marks Sq where we took the Vaporetto(water-bus) to Murano Island where we watched them making a small jar then walked around before having lunch then we took the Vaporetto back to St Marks Sq then looked at shops on way back to hotel to relax before going for supper. Made sure everything was in the cases then retired.

Monday 2nd July after breakfast we put our cases in a storage room then went to St Marks Sq and went inside the basilica then had drinks before collecting cases and heading to the pier where took a water-taxis to the 'RCI' pier where some guys took our luggage to the ship while we went through check-in/security before boarding 'Grandeur of the Seas' cards got beeped then we went our cabins before going to the 'Windjammer Cafe' for lunch. After my cousin and sister got changed they sunbathed by the pool while I read via my kindle. Back in cabin we got changed and went to the 'Great Gatsby' dining room for supper then we had an early night.

Tuesday 3rd July Had breakfast in 'Windjammer Cafe' then read by pool before going to the safety drill then went to the pool deck to watch the ship leaving Venice then had lunch before looking at shops and having B&J's ice scream. Then got changed for supper. After we went to the 'Palladium Theatre' where we saw an ABBA tribute which was very good and fab outfits then went to the 'Schooner bar' where a pianist was playing/singing we had drinks before retiring for the night.

Wednesday 4th July After breakfast we met the others on deck 6 to watch the ship coming into port at Dubrovnik Croatia. had lunch before going ashore where we got the shuttle-bus to the walls of the old city where we walked around it and in a church then had drinks before taking the shuttle-bus back to the ship.

Thursday 5th July After breakfast sat by pool reading then had lunch before wandering around the ship then got changed and went to the 'Great Gatsby' dining room for supper. Then we had drinks in the 'Schooner bar' while playing cards then we retired for the night.

Friday 6th July After breakfast we went ashore to Piraeus Greece where got on a trolley-train(hop on/hop off) the first stop was a shopping centre so we got off and had a look around then got back on the train to Archaeological Museum where we looked around then took the train back to the port. Back on ship we had food & drink.

Saturday 7th July After breakfast we went to the 'South Pacific' lounge where we got stickers with number 22 and went ashore in Kusadasi Turkey where we got on the number 22 tour-bus to 'Ancient Ephesus' we looked around the fascinating and well preserved ruins then we were taken to a carpentry shop in Kusadasi where we saw how they extracted silk to use in them also got drinks and bread with goats cheese while they showed us different styles & patterns. Once back at port we looked around some shops then we back on the ship.

Sunday 8th July After breakfast we went ashore in Bodrum Turkey where we got on a boat to the 'Castle of the Knights of St Peter' where we got head-sets and saw around the castle then my mum, aunt, sister, cousin and me all took the boat back to the ship while my dad & uncle walked back. Later my mum & sister went back ashore with the men to look in shops.

Monday 9th July After breakfast we took the tender-boat(TB)to Skala port then we took the cable car up to Fira where we had a look around and in a church then w had lunch before browsing shops on the way back to the cable-car station. Back in Skala we took a TB back to ship where I went to Starbucks with my sister & cousin then we got ready for supper. After we listened to the karaoke in the 'South Pacific' lounge then had drinks and played cards in the 'Schooner bar then retired for the night.

Tuesday 10th July After breakfast we met the others then got a TB to Mykonos pier then looked in some shops before meeting tour-guide and got on bus to a monastery of Ano Mera we looked inside then tried local starters at a restaurant in the square then we stopped at a popular beach then went to the bay of St John before heading back to the port. We saw the famous pelican on our walk back to the TB. Back on the ship went for Starbucks before getting ready for supper.

Wednesday 11th July After breakfast in the 'Solarium' dipped feet in pool before going to 'Broadway Rhythm & Dance' in the Palladium theatre then joined the others in the 'Solarium' for lunch.

After supper my mum, sister, aunt, uncle & cousin all went to see 'The Zoots' in the theatre meanwhile dad & me got us seats in the centrum for watching the aerial show which was really good then we went to the 'South Pacific' lounge where they watched a daft game-show. I retired to our cabin.

Thursday 12th July After breakfast we took a TB ashore to Split Croatia we had a walk around and had drinks before walking back to the TB's. Back on ship we read in the 'Solarium' before having lunch then we packed our cases and changed to go to 'Great Gatsby' dining room for supper then put tags on our cases and put them outside our cabins then found space to watch the aerial show again this time at the end the captain and crew all came out then we sat down while my mum, aunt& uncle had coffee then we went to the 'South Pacific' lounge and played cards. I retired before the others.

Friday 13th July After breakfast we went to the 'South Pacific' lounge where Dad and me left the ship with group 5 so we waited outside the building with our cases for the others who left with group 7 then we went to the water-taxis pier and took one to near Canaletto hotel where we left our cases and walked to St Marks Sq where mum & me went into the 'Dodge's Palace which was stunning and had lots of gold then we met the others and went for a drink & sandwich then went back to the hotel took our cases to our rooms then relaxed before getting ready for supper then walked around before having drinks then retiring to the hotel.

Saturday 14th July After breakfast we took a water-taxis to Marco Polo airport where we boarded a jet2 plane to Edinburgh Airport where got the mini-bus to secure car park and headed for Aberdeen stopping at Peggy Scott's on the way.

Publication Date: 07/18/12