Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by gwenssmith@hotmail.com: Not What I Expected

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Not What I Expected

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I was impressed w/getting on and off the cruise ship. We got on the ship around 11:30 and the lunch buffet was ready for us. Our room was ready around 1:30. Our rooms 2319 & 2323 were spacious. My only complaints there is you cannot work the thermostat(we like our room to be cold) and there was only a shower( I like baths). Our room was kept clean and always had clean towels. You can check your sign & sail account balance on your television screen in your room.

We brought our kids 19, 11, 8, and my mother in law. The kids did NOT like Camp Carnival. The pools look alot bigger than they are on their website. The pools stayed crowded with kids and adults. Very uncomfortable with the conversations the adults were having in front of kids. The pools should be divided for adults and children instead of together. Bring ID lanyards for yourself and kids or you will pay $6.95 a pc. in the gift shop. They come in handy. Keep your cards on you at all times.

Drinks are More expensive. My husbands drink was $11 and mine $10. They offer a daily drink that is around $ or $8.

The food was ok. My kids liked it. They really enjoyed the ice-cream machine. I was thinking it would be a little better. We had early dining at 6 which worked out great. The waiter was very nice and prompt.

Cozumel was great as well as the Dolphin Encounter! That is all my kids talk about. We had lunch at Fat Tuesdays. Not impressed at all. Wish we would have saved the $92.50 and just had lunch when we got back on ship like alot of other people were did.

Do not forget your Dramamine. My husband had the patch and stayed sick the whole time. He does alot of offshore fishing and never gets sick. Not sure why he stayed sick on the ship.

I don't think we'll be going on another cruise anytime soon. This just wasn't for us. Everyone is different and you may enjoy it. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>