Carnival Elation 5

“Fun time with Grandchildren”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

darbun
Member Since 2008
18 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Cruised with my husband and our 3 granddaughters, all age 12. The five of us were in one room - 2 regular beds, 1 cot (really nice) on floor, and 2 bunk beds. This was cozy, but nobody complained about space. The girls in the bunks loved them, and the cot girl loved hers, too. The ship has just a few "family" rooms that will accommodate 5 people, but this saved cost over having 2 rooms, and we all enjoyed being together.

This cruise was for the girls and they had a wonderful time (their 4th cruise). They especially enjoyed the "Circle C Club" for their age. In fact, that was their favorite activity, and I had thought they would like the swimming pool the best. This ship is easy to get around on, and the girls could go and come as they wished by themselves. I'm not sure I would permit this on a larger ship.

The food was very good. Always love the Chocolate Melting Cake on every Carnival ship. Also enjoyed the egg whites omelets at breakfast. The shows were More OK, not as good as I've seen on other Carnival ships. We've been to all the ports in the past, so they are no big deal. We go for the fun on the ship when we are in the Caribbean.

We participate in the usual automatic gratuities and "prime" our cabin steward with $20 cash on the front end thanking him for keeping a plentiful supply of bath linens. This works wonders. Our Cabin Steward was excellent and we never needed anything additional. Less

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6DE203
We were in E203, a family oceanview room. It worked great for our needs. For 5 days we had plenty of storage space, adequate bathroom, quiet location. Convenient to dining, buffet, and show room.

Published 07/18/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?