Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by HRKCMK: Carnival Ecstacy - Had a better time that I thought I would

HRKCMK
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

Carnival Ecstacy - Had a better time that I thought I would

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Third cruise ever and always with Carnival. Just got back from the Bahamas on Thursday. I will start with the things I wasn't crazy about first.

No fridge in the rooms. We had no way of keeping our drinks cold other than using their nasty ice that smelled like the ship bathrooms. Yipe! The water stinks and tastes nasty as well. I strongly recommend bringing your own!

No hair dryer in the room like the other ships. I'm glad I was able to have room service deliver one to me. I was in a panic when I opened up the drawers and found none. I didn't bring mine because I've always had one before.

One pool on the entire ship that is rather small considering it's the only pool.

Not enough activities on Sea Days unless you want to gamble/play bingo or listen to boring seminars on how they want you to spend money on jewelry, spa services, and what not.

These are my only complaints other than the fact that the ship was so small, I kept having to be More around these terribly annoying loud mouth twins and their 4 boys. Had the serenity deck had a pool, I would have been planted there! This isn't the fault of the cruise line. You'll have people that don't teach their kids manners everywhere.

What I liked about the cruise was that they played modern upbeat music on the Lido deck. No dreadful live music to suffer through. They did have a band one night but they were pretty good. At least they had actual talent and the lead singer could belt it out! I'll take that back, on the last day they had to guys beating on random keys on a keyboard to tracks. That was super annoying but I only had to suffer through that once.

The trivia on the Lido deck was pretty fun. You didn't win anything but a medal but still entertaining.

The food was pretty decent. I don't understand why people complain about this. You get what you pay for! If you want high end dining, then you're going to pay high end prices and go on another ship! Simple as that. There are enough options that there should be at least something to your liking.

Our dining room staff was always attentive and made sure we had bread and drinks. Jaun, one of the servers, he was hilarious! He was the highlight of the dining experience.

This trip wasn't overly exciting but it wasn't dull either. I'd say it was just right for relaxing and catching some rays while checking out the Bahamas. The best part was when everyone was exploring the islands, I got to sit on the Lido with barely any kids overtaking the pools and hot tubs. It was nice!

If I could offer a piece of advice for cruisers with children, I know you are on the ship to have a vacation and relax, but please, PLEASE don't let your kids just run a muck and ruin everyone else's time while you lay in the sun without a care in the world. Teach them some manners for crying out loud!

The casino was fun as always but I never win on the ships. I think they could stand to update a few slots but whatever, they serve their purpose.

As far as the decor of the ship, meh, who cares. Again, you get what you pay for. Treat it like Vegas, you're there not to stay in your room but to be outside exploring. I was excited to see that they at least had flat screen televisions which was a first for me. I've been on the Valor and the Legend and both had those clunky old TVs. I did notice that you weren't able to check your sail and sign cards, check the menu, and book excursions on the TVs on this ship tho. Maybe we just didn't see it, I dunno.

All and all, it was a pretty good last minute little trip we took. I enjoyed Nassau and Paradise Island. I enjoyed jet skiing at Half Moon Cay. Freeport, I stayed aboard, it didn't look like much when we pulled in. I took that time to let my husband go on a deep sea fishing excursion and I just laid by the pool in peace and quiet. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy E 221

Great balcony. No fridge :( Hard beds.

Bottom Fishing

(3)
My husband took this excursion. He said he had a good time. I stayed on ship. I heard Freeport was nothing to look at. The only negative he had was that there was a lot of screwing around before they actually got out to sea. He said he had to wait quite a while for them to get it together.

We did the Aqua Trax excursion which is just jet skis. It was our first time ever on them and it was a BLAST!!! The best part was when the guide took us out in the open ocean. We were catching some serious air on those waves. It was short lived tho because he said the water was too choppy. I can understand them not wanting to tear up the jet skis but it was so fun! The water is gorgeous and the breeze is awesome too. Beats cooking on a hot beach any day!

Glass Bottom Boat

(4)
It was neat to see some of the Celebrity homes on the tour. We got to feed the fish which was kind of cool. The glass bottom part was neat too. It was rather hot in there tho and was kind of crowded and the glass panels were small. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was still fun for $30 a piece.