Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by hcocchi: Playing Tour Guide

Playing Tour Guide

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Other

Embarkation:
It seems that Cape Liberty is making things a lot easier as far as getting through the terminal. I still think they can do better about getting you to the ship i.e. the famous bus ride. You would think they would work out a way to bring the ship back a little, so we could just walk to it like they do in Baltimore.

The ship is showing its age but as far as being clean...everyday you can see crew sweeping, cleaning windows, polishing rails and even cleaning the leaves on the plants. I have no compaints about the ship or the cabin, everything was as clean as it could be.

We had early setting for dinner and everything was good. The menu had many items to select from and we never had a problem with our dinners. They were tasty and always hot (or cold if warrented). We had a great waiter, Dickson, he looked like Denzel Washington. We teased him about that the whole trip.

This was the first trip for our brother and sister in law on a ship this More size, they were really amazed that there was a mall in the center of the ship. She had a good time looking in all the shops.

I have to mention that we had the best Captain we had ever had, Captain Henrik Loy. He was out and about more than any other Captain we have had. The ship had an orgainized Walk for Wishes and the Captain and four other officers led the way. He walked the five laps and then posed for a group picture. I thought that was great. He also had a trivia schuled with the activity director, Frank. Our cruise director Leigh,was also great, Frank and him complemented each other

We had no problems with the ports, getting off the ship was quite easy. Labadee is my favorite place and I am amazed at all the new things that Royal is doing with that place. I always look forward to that stop.

Debarkation:
We were scheduled to get off the ship at 8:30am. We were off and on our way home by 9am, very easy, except for the bus ride to the terminal. It seems that is the only thing that I have a problem with, because I use a walker it just seems a little difficult. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 7237

This cabin is quite noisy. It is right next to the space that the crew uses for their carts and it is really loud when the are loading them for the day.

As I said before this is a great place to relax or have fun, there is a lot to do at this place and they are always improving.
Read 376 Labadee Reviews

I think this is a wasted stop, I would rather be another day at sea. There usually isn't a lot of time in this port.
Read 1378 San Juan Reviews

Great port as long as there are not to many ships in.