Carnival Pride Cruise Review by chelle_in_tn

Cabin Category: 8J
Cabins Not Rated
Shore Excursions 5+

Pride? Are you sure??
Ok.... I have been a "reader" here trying to get tips and such for all my cruises. It is always very helpful. So I wanted to do the same for my fellow cruisers. no more on the sidelines for me. First off, I didn't start out booked on the Pride. I started out on the Fascination but we decided that we wanted to go ahead and take a 7 instead. After some doing, we got one of the last balconies left for this sailing because we changed our mind with less than two weeks to sail date... I'll save all those nasty details and get down to brass tacks:

7 day 8J ext balcony ... 5124.. if you are a light sleeper I would not recommend this room... it is towards the front of the ship right above the Taj Mahal theatre. Some nights it did get quite loud. Pro of having this location is that the elevators right outside the room came out at the pool, if you went down it was right by the entrance for all the shows... Con: long way away from the rest of activities. All that walking will make you think you are removed from the party. Next thing wasn't too bad.. this room is an adjoining room... If you aren't traveling with family next door... avoid this room. I had to hear the back and forth of the kids and the moms fussing etc because our room was mistakenly booked to us instead of the families that thought they were going to be adjoined... Not too bad but still. Room was spacious enough and had plenty of closet space.

The food really did leave something to be desired. I read several reviews and went in with mixed feelings. I found the same menu everyday pretty boring. I had been spoiled by the different things to eat on the Conquest and was really disappointed that there was no fish and chips on the Pride. Favorite thing on Conquest hands down. I'll just leave it at not up to par with other Carnival ships.

Favorite thing of all .. Big D . Period. He was one of the Djs that worked the Lido deck and the Nightclub spot Beauties. flat out loved him! He was the highlight of our cruise. Jamie and Gumbie come in a very close second. But that about wraps up the memorable for us... but just our opinion.

The timing of this trip might have something to do with the excessive amount of children on this ship. We have always sailed in September so children are in school so there are not as many. This trip seemed to be nothing but kids. Not saying there's anything wrong with kids.. just more than I'm used to seeing... usually you see them the first day and they magically disappear To Camp Carnival. Not so on this one. Family oriented for sure.

Publication Date: 07/16/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by chelle_in_tn
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews