Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by newcruiserfromva

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by newcruiserfromva
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: newcruiserfromva
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        Under 3 4.0

Perfect!
We recently returned from our first cruise and it truly exceeded expectations. We were looking for a vacation that would be easy and enjoyable for me and my husband and our two young children (6 and 1.5) as well as my parents in their 70s. We decided to take a cruise because we could depart from Baltimore which is a central location for us and my parents (about two hours drive). We had never really considered cruising before and we booked this cruise about three weeks in advance so it was really spur of the moment. We really didn't know what to expect.

To fit the needs of our family this cruise was really perfect. Getting in and out of the port in Baltimore was easy and everyone was so helpful and considerate of the extra time we needed. Our cabins were on different floors and different ends of the ship so we were glad the ship wasn't too large. A junior suite was just the right size for my family because we needed extra room for a crib and we enjoyed having a balcony. Well worth it. My parents had an outside cabin with a window and they were pleased with their room also. The cabins were neat and well attended to. We always had plenty of shampoo, towels, etc. Just the right amount of storage space.

The activities were well run and there was always something for everyone to do, especially considering our varying interests. My 6 year old loved the kids club and arcade, my parents enjoyed the casino, my husband enjoyed the pool. We all enjoyed the shows, bingo, talent show. The food in My Fair Lady was really good. The dinners there were great and our waiter Nick and the assistant waiter were wonderful and considerate of our children. The food at lunch in MFL could not have been better. There was plenty of good food and also healthy choices which we appreciated. The wine list was decent and appropriately priced. It helped that we had perfect weather too! I was worried about getting seasick so I wore a patch behind my ear-none of us ever felt sick and we were really worried about that.

The crew really made every effort to ensure we had a good time. Everyone was friendly and kind and seemed to really enjoy their work. As first time cruisers we were impressed by how smoothly everything ran during what must be the high season.

When planning another family cruise in the future, we will definitely take this cruise on Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore to Bermuda again.

Publication Date: 07/16/12
Read the Bermuda ports review by newcruiserfromva
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews