Great Time, Okay Ship: Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ELeb
Overall Member Rating
Great Time, Okay Ship
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
1) The Epic is simply not a wheelchair friendly as the Pearl was. There are lots of really big seams on the floor that I could not get my father across going forward. Eventually I got to know these, but it was hard telling them apart at first, eventually the trip across deck 6 became a dance of going forward, spinning across the seems and then heading forward again
2) Rooms seemed smaller and less comfortable than the Pearl. I don't know if the room itself was smaller, but it had this sort of "wavy" shape to it that made whatever space More we did have harder to make use of. Storing the wheelchair was especially difficult since, with the exception of the toilet, there really wasn't any good place we could put it that didn't block access to the toilet.
The good things:
1) The staff was great. Every time we had to get on and off the cruise they went completely out of their way to make sure my dad was able to get to our excursion. There was never any waiting to find someone with a moment - they always had someone ready to help.
2) The Ship itself was great. Even though the rooms were cramped, the public areas were beautiful. I didn't do any swimming, but with the exception of the Sea day (which was packed), it was very possible to find some place to just get a little sun.
3) Food was great - It's not always the greatest gourmet experience, but even the main dining rooms had some great options.
4) Ports were amazing - The greatest parts were the ports. The trip in Rome is going to be something that I keep with me for the rest of my life. Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Worst cruise ever. Rude and un...
Critique of the Viking Sea Cru...
12 nights Spain Morocco Portug...
Great first time cruise - very...
Terrible design of ship
Good cruise...Terrible ship!!!...