Norwegian Star Cruise Review by suegee0: Never Again

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

Never Again

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Just arrived back from Bermuda today and could not wait to get on Cruise Critic. Bermuda was lovely, no complaints with that portion of the cruise. I was cruising with my 2 sisters, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew and looking forward to this for months. I had sailed with RCCL 5 times previously and was anxious to compare NCL to them -NO COMPARISON!! Royal blows them away. Service was practically nonexistent in the Versailles dining room. We didn't even know who our waiter was half the time. Service was exceptionally slow and food was so-so. Ate there a total of twice for lunch and three times for dinner. At our last dinner there the waiter dropped a fork on my b-i-l's new pants and never said a word. He dropped the butter dish on me and again not a word nor apology. Eat at the Aqua dining room instead and ask to sit at Renalyn's table - she was wonderful, atmosphere and service were much improved over the Versailles.

The dinner menu was lacking in both dining rooms, More however. There was no veal, lamb chops, filet mignon, or shrimp cocktail served for any of the dinners. It seems they skimp so that you will make a reservation in one of the specialty restaurants.

The buffet was awful, food was cold, and seemed leftover from the night before. Beverage machines were broken for last 3 days of cruise. The restrooms were filthy, with excrement on the floors and walls (casino and deck 7 near Aqua, no paper towels in some. It seems there are not enough crew members.

Our cabin was fine and our room steward Mark was very efficient.

Bingo was very disorganized, instead of selling cards as you entered the Spinnaker lounge which would have speeded up the process, you got your seat and then made to stand in a long line to buy your bingo package which I felt was overly expensive ($39 for a package of 3 cards for only 3 games).

Also, there were a large group of gay and lesbians on the ship (code name "Friends of Dorothy" This does not bother me per se, but when a 23 year old gay man stalks my 18 year old nephew who told him he was straight, and was told that "you have to at least be bi", that's where my tolerance ends, as it would if a straight man was stalking my niece. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>