Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Ginjoli: First Cruise with Thomsons - can't wait for the next!

Ginjoli
Member Since 2012

First Cruise with Thomsons - can't wait for the next!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We have just returned from a cruise on the Thomson Dream (Treasures of the Mediterranean - June 30 - July 7). Wow, what can I say.

Had been looking for a replacement for Ocean Village (+OV2)which we loved, and which suited our preferred size of ship and style of cruising. Thomson Dream was recommended to us by a colleague, but to be honest, although I went with an open mind, I was fully prepared to be disappointed. - How wrong can you be?

After a relaxing flight from Bournemouth Airport (no delays), we were welcomed by a Thomson Rep at Palma and shown to our coach. It was a short 20min transfer down to the Port, where we were welcomed at Embarkation with a cooling glass of orange juice. Formalities were completed quickly and efficiently, and we were promptly escorted to our fantastic cabin - Outside Plus - on Deck 9 which I had pre-booked. The cabin was very spacious with a large picture window overlooking the Promenade Deck, two wardrobes, a fridge and flatscreen More T.V. We loved the corner sitting area with a two-seater sofa, armchair and two occasional tables, also plenty of mirrors.

Our cabin was maintained immaculately by our lovely steward Made, with special touches including our towel art monkey and choccies on our pillows every night. The location of our cabin was perfect for access to the Promenade Deck and all the restaurants and facilities.

The food on the Dream was excellent. We had breakfast in either the Lido or Sirens, and dinner in the amazing Orion Restaurant. - I cannot speak highly enough of "King" Solomon (Executive Chef) and his team, and the impressive a la carte menues produced every evening. In fact we were so impressed that I asked our wonderful and larger than life Head Waiter Ferdinand if he could secure some copy menues for me to take home with me. - I could go on and on - just cannot speak highly enough of the Dream and her wonderful friendly, but very professional crew, who made the holiday for us.

I'm actually quite sorry to learn that the Dream is being refurbished at the end of the summer season, as we couldnt fault it in any way. - Pleased about the addition of tea and coffee making facilities though.

Well done Thomson Dream - can't wait for our next cruise! Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 9029

Outside Plus Cabin Deck 9 (9029) Spacious cabin with large picture window overlooking Promenade Deck. Two wardrobes, fridge and flat-screen T.V. Corner sitting area with 2 seater sofa and two occasional tables Bathroom with bath and shower Location of cabin excellent - very accessible to Promenade Deck, Restaurants and other facilities

Amalfi Coast

(5.5)
Amalfi and Sorrento. Excellent, informative tour guide, amazing scenery. Good value for money.

City Tour

(5.5)
Excellent combination of "Easy on the legs" and free time to explore at your own pace. Good value for money

Very disappointed in Sardinia - did not live up to Shore Excursions description. Excursion very overpriced, poor value for money (coach + train)
Read 100 Sardinia Reviews

Made our way independently by train and bus to Monaco Ville, which we found amazing. Palace is stunning. Very impressed with cleanliness and high standard of trains/stations