Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Anbdcb11

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4S

Carnival Disaster
I will put something positive at the end of this review but there is tooooo much negative comments to not put those first. The food was AWFUL and the buffet was often closed. The food was luke warm at best and the variety was terrible. On top of that, the rules of the dining areas were not followed or administered. Guest would refill their personal mugs placing them in the rim of the dispensing nozzles sharing any germs with the rest of the guests. This was a direct violation of the rule posted on top of every beverage machine.

Another rule posted at the entrance of the dining room was to dry off and that you must wear shirt and shoes. Guests did not obey this rule either and it was not administered by staff. One man came in shirtless and shoeless, dripping wet, dug in his back side, then jumped in line and grabbed the tongs for the salad and made a plate. NEED I SAY MORE?...................

The omelets were under cooked because the staff could not accommodate the size of the guests on board. I had to ask that my omelet be cooked well done. (DOES NOT MAKE SENSE) The bacon was the same way, almost clear it was so uncooked. I would have rather they put a kitchen somewhere for guests to use so we could cook our own food.

The ship was overall dirty. No matter where you went on the ship you would see dishes, cups, and bowls lying around somewhere. Even on the elevator there would be dishes stacked in the corner. While the blame falls on the guests for placing these things in wrong locations, the staff would leave them there for hours before picking it up.

The ship was EXTREMELY difficult to navigate through. You had to go down so many floors and then across and back up to the original floor to get where you needed to be. It was a pain to go anywhere on the ship. It was very poorly designed. Another broken rule was that of reserving deck chairs for hours without using them. AGAIN, WHO IS ADMINISTERING THE RULES???????????

Juice was offered complementary on the ship. It had so much sugar in it that I had to get a ' glass of water and just add a little lemonade or apple juice.

There is absolutely no control of the children. (THIS IS IN FULL THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY) However it is in part the staff's responsibility as well. At 1 point we came across a 6 year old boy hanging over the railing of the 11th floor looking down to deck 3. When asked where his parents were, he said upstairs playing hide and seek. It's as if parents feel that the kids can't get off the boat so just let them run free..........

Our room never got cold the entire week. It was bearable but could have been a lot better. We had it cranked up as high as it would go and we came back hot every time. We complained and asked that it be looked at. We were told nothing was wrong with it, that it was functioning properly. (I GUESS IM JUST STUPID THEN).......

The activities were boring and did not get the audience involved enough. The director Cory tried hard but just wasn't funny. The women entertainers looked very manly, I felt like every day was BINGO day.

The specialty restaurants were always closed when you wanted something. They had designated hours which conflicted with you getting off the boat to enjoy an island.

They had an adult deck which would have been nice but everything was ALWAYS reserved. They had two hammocks on this deck (NOT SURE WHY ONLY TWO) but they were always reserved.

The first 4 days of the cruise it seemed like we were moving too fast. Every 20 minutes or so it would be a loud bang and we would rock real bad. It seemed as if we were running something over like a smaller boat. I have never been on a boat that swayed so much. It was so bad when we got off on the islands, both my wife and I felt as though we were still swaying.

On a positive note, I have never gone on a cruise that got you onto the ship as fast as this one. Within 30 minutes of us arriving at the terminal, we went through security, received our room keys, and were on the Lido deck in line for food. (COLD FOOD BUT FOOD) Very fast and efficient. Lastly my room steward Juan was the absolute best. I couldn't have asked for better service. He was on top of everything. Fun to be around and great service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 07/15/12