Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ETSY

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

My Honeymoon and Couples Retreat
I've always cruised with Carnival and, again, they didn't disappoint. My best friend and her husband usually spear-head our couples retreat and they love Oasis of the Seas. I was surprised that they actually chose Carnival this year (and elated as well). Our group grew from the standard 6 people to 18! Yeah, 9 couples so you know you can't please everyone right? WRONG!!! Everyone had a ball. We had our couples retreat, family gathering, ceremony and reception all on the Carnival Valor.

We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale for about a week with everyone joining in their own time. By the time Sunday arrived, everyone was ready to tackle the long line. There wasn't one. It may have taken 45 minutes or less to go from outside, through the lines, through customer service, to the Lido Deck. The crew was awesome. It was almost like they were ready to party and were happy that we decided to show up! That's how I like it! I was greeted with the Drink of the Day and we did almost every line dance known to man. I almost forgot to go to my room with the dancing, drinking, and hot food that awaited me.

Our balcony was wonderful and our room was nice and clean. The balcony had me making a choice-either go on the Lido Deck for the sailing fun or have my own private party as we sailed. I chose the first option this time. By the way, The Muster Station for the emergency drill ran smoothly. Boy can they take pictures! I'm glad that they do because some were good and some were bad but you didn't have to buy them (thank God).

Later that evening we dined in the Washington Dining room. The food was great (although the flat-ironed steak was a little tough). We later went back to the Lido Deck to watch that 120" huge screen. We saw "The Wedding Planner" that night and Carnival supplied all of the popcorn.

Later that evening we had a ball on the Lido Deck which was lit up to the hilt! Blue lights everywhere! They gave out American Flag hats, small American flags, music galore, dancing, drinks. I didn't go to bed until after 2:00pm. Then I remembered that I hadn't eaten. Room Service! They were there within 30 minutes.

The next day was a Fun Day at Sea and also Elegant Night. Everyone was beautiful and the food was great. We had two tables assigned for us: 516 and 518. They both were near the windows so you can imagine the view. We went back to karaoke and my best friend sang so well that she was chose to be Aretha Franklin for the grand finale "Amateur of the Stars" (???) to be held on that Friday.

I could go on and on about Ocho Rios, Fun Day at Sea and the last day but why? My cruise was fabulous and I had such a great time that I'm going on Carnival Elation in October. I know there's only 90 days between the two but I love Carnival. So if you're looking for fun, no agenda or itinerary, and a do-your-own-thang type of cruise, then Carnival is for you.

Publication Date: 07/15/12