Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ETSY: My Honeymoon and Couples Retreat

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

My Honeymoon and Couples Retreat

Sail Date: July 2012

I've always cruised with Carnival and, again, they didn't disappoint. My best friend and her husband usually spear-head our couples retreat and they love Oasis of the Seas. I was surprised that they actually chose Carnival this year (and elated as well). Our group grew from the standard 6 people to 18! Yeah, 9 couples so you know you can't please everyone right? WRONG!!! Everyone had a ball. We had our couples retreat, family gathering, ceremony and reception all on the Carnival Valor.
We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale for about a week with everyone joining in their own time. By the time Sunday arrived, everyone was ready to tackle the long line. There wasn't one. It may have taken 45 minutes or less to go from outside, through the lines, through customer service, to the Lido Deck. The crew was awesome. It was almost like they were ready to party and were happy that we decided to show up! That's how I like it! I was greeted with the Drink of the Day and we did almost every line More dance known to man. I almost forgot to go to my room with the dancing, drinking, and hot food that awaited me.
Our balcony was wonderful and our room was nice and clean. The balcony had me making a choice-either go on the Lido Deck for the sailing fun or have my own private party as we sailed. I chose the first option this time. By the way, The Muster Station for the emergency drill ran smoothly. Boy can they take pictures! I'm glad that they do because some were good and some were bad but you didn't have to buy them (thank God).
Later that evening we dined in the Washington Dining room. The food was great (although the flat-ironed steak was a little tough). We later went back to the Lido Deck to watch that 120" huge screen. We saw "The Wedding Planner" that night and Carnival supplied all of the popcorn.
Later that evening we had a ball on the Lido Deck which was lit up to the hilt! Blue lights everywhere! They gave out American Flag hats, small American flags, music galore, dancing, drinks. I didn't go to bed until after 2:00pm. Then I remembered that I hadn't eaten. Room Service! They were there within 30 minutes.
The next day was a Fun Day at Sea and also Elegant Night. Everyone was beautiful and the food was great. We had two tables assigned for us: 516 and 518. They both were near the windows so you can imagine the view. We went back to karaoke and my best friend sang so well that she was chose to be Aretha Franklin for the grand finale "Amateur of the Stars" (???) to be held on that Friday.

I could go on and on about Ocho Rios, Fun Day at Sea and the last day but why? My cruise was fabulous and I had such a great time that I'm going on Carnival Elation in October. I know there's only 90 days between the two but I love Carnival. So if you're looking for fun, no agenda or itinerary, and a do-your-own-thang type of cruise, then Carnival is for you. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress 7401

Beautiful balcony and room. It was actually larger than I expected. I was right near the elevator so I never had to walk far and nearer to the aft of the ship. A few children played in the hallway but only one word and they immediately apologized. Our other friends were neighbors so we called and a crew member came up and unlocked our divider so we could have a larger balcony.

Beach Break

(5.5)
We went to the beach and weren't hassled at all. It was beautiful. I've heard about many vendors hassling you to buy items while you're trying to enjoy the beach but I didn't experience any of that. The food was excellent on the beach and you could buy snorkel equipment right there. Now I will say this: the longer you wait to get back on the boat (like nearer to the time to sail), the longer the line is and it was hot.

Hell

(5.5)
Wednesday was the 4th of July and we had a ball! We were in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. The shuttles were lined up as we disembarked and our group got a great deal. The shuttle driver was nice and took us around on a tour. He was so nice that we were able to give him a time to come back and get us and he was right on time.
Read 33 Hell Reviews

Day 2, we were in Key West. This was my wedding day! I was ready for only our group to make a big fuss but when the crew members of Carnival saw me, they made me feel like it was my special day. We went through the line to disembark very quickly and I was met within minutes by Weddings To Go-Key West. We had a beautiful ceremony on Smathers Beach. When we changed and got back off the ship, we didn't have to walk far. There were shops all around and if we walked into one and the prices were high, the sales clerk was willing to go down. This didn't bother me because if they wouldn't give me the right price, then the next shop would.....and they did. The best Cigar Shops, Sarongs, hats, keepsakes. There was even a Clothing Optional bar. If I had the time to go there...........(LOL). Everyone was very friendly and I loved Key West.
Read 730 Key West Reviews