Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by wetumpkaflyer: 9th Cruise was the best

Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

9th Cruise was the best

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

My wife and I had previously sailed on 5 other Royal Caribbean ships. However, Freedom has become our favorite. We have never been fans of the tourist traps at the island ports and we are normally content to stay on the ship.
Freedom had more activities to enjoy than any other ship we had sailed on. The Flowrider was fun to ride, as well as watch, since someone would wipe about about every 2 minutes. My only negative comment about the Flowrider is that on sea days the wait in line is 45 minutes. The 3-d movies in the main theater were also nice, and the surround sound system was better than expected. One of my favorite features was the giant TV screen at the pool. Watching a movie under the stars, while swimming in the pool, was a unique experience. My only negative comment about this feature, is that they rarely showed movies. Most of the time it was playing the xy channel, which is a waste of electricity.
The live entertainment seemed to be a higher caliber than what we More had seen on other ships, and the cruise director, Graham was hilarious. This was the first time that we booked an interior state room, and it was a little cramped, but we only were in there long enough to sleep, and change clothes. We enjoyed this cruise so much that we may book all of our future cruises on the Freedom of the Seas. Less

Published 07/16/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X