Carnival Magic Cruise Review by faded1234: Magical!

faded1234
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.2

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Magical!

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

So this was our first cruise and going with a group of ten, I was skeptical on how smoothly things would run, but all I can say is that it was truly magical.

Embarkation ran smoothly, for the most part.

The ship was very big and spacious, although Lido deck did tend to get crowded during the day, you could easily avoid it at one of the many other locations on the ship.

Travelling with kids makes things more difficult, but not on a cruise. On a cruise you can let your kids stay in their designated clubs doing fun activities all day.

The service was.... Exceptional. It wasn't terrible, but definitely not the best. Hopefully it's better this next November when I'm supposed to be cruising on the Magic again.

We did not purchase any shore excursions with a group as big as ours. We simply did what we could on shore and we still had a blast, especially in Cozumel.

Our stateroom was to be expected, not too big but just enough. We were rarely in More the room except to sleep so it wasn't a big deal. We didn't seem to have any issues with noise and such where we stayed, although we've heard stories that other people that were on the sixth deck had trouble sleeping due to the club bellow on the fifth deck. Luckily we had no issues in room 6454

The food was okay, not the best, but definitely not bad. My favorite foods were the Deli and the Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner was wonderful, our waiter was wonderful! Renato!!!!

Also they always had bingo and something going on by the sea side theater. I also saw several people doing scavenger hunts and such. It was simply wonderful.

There was always entertainment on the ship, from when you wake till late at night. There is always something going on. I enjoyed the deck party and the theater, so much fun.

Next time, however, we will probably carry off our own luggage, seeing as it seemed to go faster, but still for the most part debarkation ran pretty smoothly.

So basically we loved the Magic and have already booked another cruise for November 11, 2012! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Upper 6454

We stayed in room 6454. Great room. Simple but just enough for us. We only slept in there so the size wasn't an issue at all. We did not have any issues with noise, however beware of the floor. Some areas are noisy, such as rooms above Club Vibe. Our travel agent was on the same cruise and said she had issues with their rooms that were above the club. The closet space was tight, but we also had 4 people in our room so it's to be expected. Overall our location was great. However next time we will be staying on the seventh deck. I'll definitely have another review come November.

Cozumel was simply amazing, I loved it. Being Hispanic we were in our comfort zone in Mexico. We rented a van for the day and spent our time at some ruins on the island then we went to the beach. The beach was wonderful, we were able to jet ski for cheap! It was great. After the beach we went and got tacos from a local place that were amazing. Basically Cozumel was the best!
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

We had fun in Jamaica, however we wish we had gone to Margaritaville instead of the beach down the street. But oh well, we were first time cruisers, we didn't know any better. I loved the beach, however the locals tend to be overbearing. They get extremely upset when you don't buy from them, it's ridiculous. But other than that it was great.