Sea Princess Cruise Review by frisbee dog fan

Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: B614
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
A wonderful 10 days
Overall, a wonderful cruise. Stateroom cleanliness and dining room service were excellent. Even better, the Horizon Court service was excellent. I've come to expect great dining room service from Princess. In the Horizon Court...not so much. But this cruise was the exception. The Horizon Court staff were right there to help, to take away dishes, to refill your drink, and always with a smile. Whatever vendor provides fruit for this ship is doing a great job. The pineapple was consistently excellent. Entertainment was good. I particularly liked one of the sea day activities of making paper airplanes. After we made them, we threw them through a hoop on the lower deck. Some of us threw our airplane many times. There's a couple of shows that were new to me. There's a real high energy show called British Invasion that was so much fun to watch. A comedian, Chipper Lowell was also insanely high energy, but funny, funny, funny. The only dark spot for entertainment was bingo. Yes, the cards are expensive, but I still enjoy playing. I will never again play on the same night as the Captain's Circle cocktail party. The numbers were being called so fast, we couldn't keep up. I yelled, "slow down". So did my mother-in-law. It didn't make any difference. They couldn't get us out of the Vista Lounge until the games were finished, and they made sure the games were finished in plenty of time. It was frantic, and it was so NOT fun.

The weather was good (mostly overcast, a little bit of rain), the seas were calm. We saw many whales and porpoises. This is the first time I have ever had a balcony room. I've always been happy with interior rooms, but now that I've had a balcony, I suspect I can never go back. I could sit on my balcony and look for whales. The balcony gives more protection from the wind then you get on deck, so I could stay out longer. Then I could watch from my window. I saw the most sea life before we got to the Alaskan ports, while offshore of Washington and Canada. That was true on the return trip as well. I think I have learned one secret on this cruise. If you want to see wildlife, you should book a shore excursion for what you want to see. I went on a shore excursion that promised eagles. Boy, did I see eagles. My sister in law went on a whale watching excursion. She was thrilled by what she saw. Sometimes you get lucky and are able to see things from the ship, but booking an excursion makes it more likely that you'll see what you want.

Publication Date: 07/14/12
Read the Alaska ports review by frisbee dog fan
More Sea Princess Cruise Reviews