Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by plumbertom: Room selection, buyer beware.

plumbertom
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Room selection, buyer beware.

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We sailed from Venice, Italy June 22, 2012. The ship, food, and entertainment are fine. However, the two rooms we were given completely ruined the cruise. We were given rooms 3644 and 3652 by an internet travel agent. These rooms are ocean view rooms located beneath the dining room according to the deck plan offered online. Unfortunately for us the deck plan map seems to be incorrect. My rooms are below the commercial kitchen that operates for 20 hours a day. There is no way to rest in theses rooms with the banging, clanking and thumps. The noise usually stops around mid-night and resumes around 4:30 am. I found it hard to enjoy anything during this cruise.

I put up with the noise for a few nights because I was trying to be a good sport. I finally went to the guest services desk and they assured me that there were no more rooms at my level of room. I was offered the opportunity to move to an inside room which I declined because of claustrophobia issues with some of my family More members. The desk clerk said he would speak to the kitchen manager and ask them to keep the noise down. Two nights later I couldn't take it anymore, I accepted and inside cabin so I could sleep. We found it hard to enjoy anything the ship offered as entertainment or food. The ports of call all ran together as a never ending nightmare of sleep deprivation.

Don't worry though. Royal Caribbean sent some chocolate covered strawberries to our room and offered us 20% off another cruise(within one year), unfortunately on Royal Caribbean. No thank you. A customer service representative told me on the phone that you should research your room choice before you accept the room. I choose not to choose Royal Caribbean in the future. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 3652

Rooms 3644 and 3652 are under the kitchen regardless of what the deck plan says. The kitchen operates around 20 hours a day. The deck plan shows the rooms under the chefs table. We heard banging, clanking and thumps that I don't think occur under the chefs table.