Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by RockNCntry: Bahamas Celebration July, 10, 2012

RockNCntry
Member Since 2008

Bahamas Celebration July, 10, 2012

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

My Mother in law transferred a cruise and trip (she won!)Don't beleive that!She paid almost $500 upfront!For the cruise and 2 night in Fort Lauderdale!(meals included on the ship (and at the hotel!Suposedly!)Seriously avoid the hotel stay and the timeshare presentation that is offered if possible!
The cruise itself was ok. the ship had the basic cruise ship amenities!Food, casual entertainment,a casino & more! The food in Crystal Dining Room was great! The Rio was Buffet style for lunch, was ok some good some not!The buffet at the Top Deck, was basic when we were there! all we saw was Burgers and Hot dogs! Burgers were awful, Hot dogs ok. Tried the burgers in the Rio tooo just as bad there!The entertainment was also just ok, nothing elaborate!had a guitarist that was pretty good! a Pianist that claimed he had a cold, he played ok didnt sing so well! Maybe it was tha cold!It rained the day were in freeport! We had Glass Bottom Boat Excursion booked, we were supose to meet for it a More 8:30 am that morning, so we got up early had brakfast which was pretty good! We Went to our excursion meeting and found out it had been cancelled due to weather!(not the ships fault)So we got off the ship before it rained and did some shopping right in port!

There was Bahamian Band (The Ultra Vibes)that I sat and listend too while my wife shopped!(the best entertainment on the trip!)

We spent about 1 hour & 1/2 on shore went back to ship they were not prepared for so many people to be on the ship during the day! There was no food that I could find anywhere on the ship readt to eat (this was about noon that day! Finaly they opened the Rio Restaraunt for a buffet, at about 1:30pm! (the buffet on the Top Deck was closed due to rain)I don't think they were prepared to open the Rio until it was apparent that they had to serve food somewhere, since the top deck was out of service because of weather! The only other real complaint I have about this cruise! Disembarking, back in Palm Beach! We were told that some people had cars to disembark at certain times all others would disembark about 9:30am or 10:00am! We had no card so figured we would be late getting off the ship!We ate breakfast, then went and got our bags and headed for disembarkation! At the main stairway you could see down to the 3rd floor, people were lined up all the way up to the 4rth floor, and the line was not moving! We got in line, and waited a bit, didn't move! Wife decided we would go sit and wait for the line to move! They announced that Customs was backed up and they would not disembark any one until they caught up! Well we were in line about 9:30am we went and sat in a lounge close by, and waited! We were finaly finally told the line was moving, and they wanted us to get in line again!We waited in the line about 45 more minutes! We finally got off the ship at 12:30 pm! Started at 9:30 am till 12:30 pm 4 hours to get off the ship! (not good)Met some people waiting also that had an 8:30 am card for disembarkment! They got off about the same time we did! Nice to know that our security level is in effect but 4 hours to get off the ship! (Extreme) All in all I will not take this cruise again! I have cruised before and I will cruise again but not on this cruise line! I hope this helps some folks checking this ship out! Was not a bad cruise just as good as any I have had before! Check out pricing on other lines Carnival, Royal Caribbean or others before you book the Bahama Celebration! Good luck on your future cruise! RockNCntry Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6121

Cabin 6121 Inside cabin, Deck 6 plenty of lights! Normal room for a cruise ship! I would recommend this cabin, was a pretty quiet floor! Cabin Steward was helpful!