“Alaska Adventure”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our Alaska Adventure was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this vacation to Cruise Critic readers. We vacationed for 2 1/2 weeks in Alaska consisting of traveling by train (Alaska Railroad) and Cruise ship (Diamond Princess). I have been on over 25 cruises with well over 12 cruises on Royal Caribbean. We decided to devote future trips on Princess in light of (in our opinion) a slippage of quality in Royal Caribbean Cruise lines. A summary of key points follows: The service on the Diamond Princess was very good. The entertainment was exceptional. During the day dance lessons were given by the staff which my Wife really enjoyed. I must admit, I had a good time as well. The staff was very friendly and made sure everyone was at ease learning new dance steps. The food was very good. We felt secure with the professionalism of the Captain and crew (we were in Alaska waters). The guests on board were of a mature age which should be expected based on the expense of the trip. However, I am of a mature age (60). The ship was very clean and well maintained which is expected of Princess. The British Officers commanding the Diamond Princess are very disciplined and demand quality. This is very reassuring to passengers in light of recent cruise ship incidents at sea. The ship also has a Laundry Station with ironing boards on each deck which is very convenient especially during formal night. I recommend this cruise and ship to readers. Thank you CPAMAN.
Diamond Princess Cruises to Alaska
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Diamond Princess Review
Diamond Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?