Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by supergrandmother

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by supergrandmother
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: supergrandmother
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: ID
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Freestyle is the Best!
My friend and I sailed on Norwegian Jewel in June. We cannot find anything negative to say about it. Beginning with our awesome cabin steward,Marlon,the staff was wonderful. From the "washy, washy" young lady in the Garden Cafe to the captain, they were friendly and helpful at all times.

We were in an inside cabin so I expected a closet size room. It was small but not oppressively so. We chose the inside cabin because it was cheaper and we did not expect to spend a lot of time there except for sleeping. We were correct. It was designed to make the most efficient use of the space so we did not feel claustrophobic. If I had a cabin with a balcony, I would still be wondering what was on the other side of the ship! We did not experience noise from the hall so we slept soundly. Our cabin steward, Marlon, was awesome!

The entertainment was very good, especially the Fire and Ice tribute to Michael Jackson. The food was always plentiful and delicious with enough variety to satisfy anyone. We made a point of eating at least one unfamiliar item each day and learned that there are some foods that we never heard of before but we really like. Everything was clean and neat and well cared for. Our cabin steward learned our names the first day and always asked what we were doing each day and if we had fun. We especially like the freestyle cruising so we didn't have to worry about packing dressy clothes.

All of our shore excursions were just awesome. I especially enjoyed the Mendenhall Glacier excursion while my friend enjoyed the whale watching tours. The entire cruise was wonderful and we will do it again soon!

Publication Date: 07/13/12
Read the Alaska ports review by supergrandmother
More Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews