Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by jsgoodrich: Nice ports

Nice ports

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Overall nice cruise....wonderful ports....well most of them. I thought Toulon was pretty much a waste and I didn't care much for Mykonos either....If you continue to read my review, I would not hesitate to go on this cruise as the ports were wonderful, staff and service excellent but there were a few too many times I was disappointed when I compared it to other cruises I have been on.

The service was excellent and attitude of staff wonderful. The rooms were smaller than the other cruise ships I have been on. The hair dryer was ridiculous. It was a box with a hose. It would have taken over an hour to dry my hair but I never got that far as the hose on the dryer got too hot to hold. There was only two US type plugs in the room and they could only be used with appliances under 500 watts, so they were ok for charging your phone or camera but not a hair dryer. I had brought my European converters but they didn't seem to work with the European outlets either.....so I had More awful hair the entire time....which if it wasn't for the full wall mirrors on every staircase it would not have been so bothersome.

The food selection was adequate but not up to other cruises I have been on. This ship really pushes the specialty restaurants..which doesn't sit well with me...the cruise cost enough without having to pay extra to eat. The desserts were not what Americans are used to.

Mykonos was a tendered port. They told us we could pick up our tender tickets starting at 1:30 only to arrive and find out they had been handing them out since 12:30 and it took 2 1/2 hours before we could go to the island. I was rather disappointed in how that whole thing was handled.

There were things to do but not compared to other ships I have been on. There was a fee for most of the exercise classes and the free ones they cancelled if they didn't feel enough people showed up. I often was trying to find something to do.... There were a lot of families and I think it was good for them. There were a lot of people around the pool area. they really pushed the BINGO.

Disembarkation was an absolute zoo. That was handled very poorly. I felt there was a communication break down far too often. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eleven 10570

Cabin 10570...smaller than other cruise ships...hair dryer is not really a hair dryer...TV small with no US channels while cruising the Mediterranean..2 US outlets but only for under 500 watts.

Acropolis

(4)
Tour guide gave a brief history and then we explored on our own

City Tour

(4)
Nice tour..

The Plaka Walking Tour

(3)
We really just walked to Plaka and our guide told us when to meet the bus