“Carnival Conquest was awesome!”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

MamaShells Carnival Conquest 5 Carnival Conquest was awesome!
MamaShells
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We took the April 27, 2011 cruise that left from Galveston, Tx. We went ahead & splurged on the Premium Vista (aft wrap around) balcony & I would do it over again in a heartbeat! We had room 8448 & everything was perfect. We did hear a few chairs being moved above us on the pool area but it wasn't bad & did not keep us from sleeping. We had the aft wrap around balcony & our friends that went with us had the very next room which was also a larger balcony. We unhooked the dividers & had the whole back end of the ship! Room was very spacious & we loved opening all the curtains & enjoying the view. I would not recommend this balcony on the lower decks just because we could see into everyones balcony looking down.. I know I wouldnt have liked that, seemed like I wouldnt have been able to relax on my balcony with people watching me! Dinners were pleasant- I am so picky about food so needless to say the Pointe Steakhouse was my favorite meal but my husband enjoyed the dining room very much! The casino was much fun.. we watched one lady win $5,000 on the 25 cent slot machine that I had recently played on- boo!!! ;) Ports were amazing. We stopped at Nassau (our honeymoon was at Atlantis so we were dying to go back). It truly is paradise at Atlantis- do that excursion!!! Freeport was next. It was alright- we drove to Our Lucaya (I think thats what it was called). It was a nice resort & we shopped around, drank..etc. And our last stop was Key West.. talk about fun! We are anxiously awaiting the day to go back on this cruise! We booked straight through Carnival. We never found any cheaper rates & our vacation planner, Gilberto Millayes, informed me that if we did he would honor those new rates up to 2 weeks before sailing. He helped us with every detail! We just booked the Carnival Triumph today for the April 27, 2013 sailing to Progresso & Cozumel. Booked room 6424 which is pretty much like the room our friends had on Conquest (balcony wise). We are thrilled & can't wait!!
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Premium Vista Balcony

Port
We went to Our Lucaya (or Port Lucaya) Resort. It was nicer than where we were docked! We shopped around & then ate lunch at a bar.
Read 1,076 Freeport Reviews
Port
Two words- DUVALL STREET! So much fun! We can't wait to go back. Very nice & clean!
Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 07/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?