Viking Prestige Cruise Review by VicksVaporRub: The Grand European Tour on the Viking Prestige

VicksVaporRub
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Viking Prestige Europe - River Cruise Cruises

The Grand European Tour on the Viking Prestige

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

My husband and I just returned from our first cruise. We are casual people that enjoy history, art, and site seeing - the river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest was perfect for us. We will definitely go on another river cruise again with Viking.

The Viking Prestige ship and entire crew were fantastic. Everyone was extremely friendly and ship was very comfortable - it included a library, comfortable lounge (not over-the-top decor), elegant dining room, and all staterooms are the same size unless you chose a suite. We decided for our first cruise to stay with the lower deck - standard room. We were not disappointed and will save our money (by not upgrading) in order to take another trip.

Each day there were planned activities that provided historic information about the city/towns we were visiting with local guides. Most days we also had free time to do our own roaming through the city/town. We loved the architecture of the cathedrals, buildings and town squares. I More think my husband said he took over 1900 pictures - and he ended up being sick by the time we arrived in Prague and didn't even get to take many pictures in this magnificent city!

The entire river cruise experience on the Viking Prestige far exceeded our expectations. Less

Read more Viking Prestige cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Prestige Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Prestige

Very comfortable cabin with enough closet and drawer space for all our clothes and personal items. Suite cases easily fit under the bed and out of the way. We really liked having two chairs in our cabin. We often sat on them (vs on the bed) to catch a little relaxation time after an excursion and before heading up to the lounge. The bathroom was OK - not too small, but it was compact. I didn't realize we would have a clothesline in the shower - I would have brought some clothes pins. That was an excellent unexpected feature.