Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by pinkboots

Member Name: pinkboots
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        7-9 5+

FABULOUS vacation on the Carnival Breeze
We have sailed with Carnival before and have been happy enough, but this is the first Carnival ship I would actually go out of my way to book again! There is no excuse to be bored on this ship, no matter what your age. The sky course and sports square was a hit with my 9 year old; he walked the sky course 30 times or more. We spent a great deal of time on the shuffleboard and foosball tables in the Red Frog pub, where they also have various board games available.

The interior decor in the Breeze is noticeably different from other Carnival ships, and in a good way. Tasteful colors and patterns make it different from the clown-inspired designs of Carnival ships past. I used the early saver program to upgrade my interior cabin to a cove balcony, and I am spoiled now! The cove balcony is a lower balcony on level 2, very close to the water, and shaded by the lifeboats above, so you aren't blasted by the sun like on a regular balcony. I have seen others complain that because the galley is directly above many of the coves they are kept awake by noise all night, but this was not my experience at all.

We mostly ate in the buffet, as dining rooms on cruise ships are notoriously slow, and we don't like to dress up just for a meal. We do like the more casual dress code Carnival has now, and spent a couple of nights in the Blush; thanks again to Junior and Ephram, fantastic waiters (and dancers/singers!).

I should also mention the ports of call on this particular itinerary were Barcelona, Marseille (very disappointing, second worst IMO only to any port in Jamaica), Livorno (we took the excursion to Florence, well worth it!), Civitavecchia (went to Rome, of course, great times), Dubrovnik (my son's favorite port, we took the cable car and then went snorkeling and saw tons of fish!), Venice (good as always), and Messina (took the Taormina on your own excursion, very nice little tourist town).

Publication Date: 07/11/12