Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Tspoon: Not for foodies or health conscious -- terrible food!

Tspoon
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Not for foodies or health conscious -- terrible food!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

I will start by saying that my only comparison is a Princess Caribbean cruise 5-6 years ago. if that cruise was a true 5 star, then enchantment of the seas is lucky to be a 3 star. This rating is lower entirely because of the poor food quality. While the main dining room was slightly better than the windjammer buffet, it still served terrible food in my opinion. For a sense of comparison, when I eat dinner out, I spend $15-25 on an entree. The value of what they served is much less, $8-10.
-Stale and poor quality bread.
-All meals bland, under seasoned, over cooked and dry
-aside from salmon which I had to eat two dinners in a row due to poor dinner selection, the other seafood not fresh
-as for windjammer buffet, it's cafeteria quality food. It's very difficult to find anything healthy to eat other than lettuce. I expected grand fruit displays and fresh shrimp, sea bass, cold summer salads. No! 2 small bowls of diced fruit daily. No shrimp. I sent back 3 meals in More the main dining room.
-i would have preferred to Eat in dining room for breakfast and lunch, but the hours are very limited. I also wait listed for my time dining and didnt get it. We struggled to get 2 seats alone in main dining room for breakfast as they want to seat you with 8 others
-gone are the midnight buffets. It was offered 2 nights of the 8 and It was so crowded i was basically run over by other guests. The windjammer is too small for this ship. The anytime snacks never varied. It was the same low quality pizza, hot dogs, burgers.
-the dining staff is often too busy clearing tables to attend to seated guests. 30 min to get a glass of wine at dinner.

-the gym was decent, but they charge you $12 for every Pilates, spin or yoga class and they are intro-beginner level and dont warrant the fee in my opinion. The gym was about 80 degrees and no fans and no water cooler.

-if you like your adult beverages, watch the bartenders. They were cutting my Stoli or Grey Goose vodka drinks with poor quality vodka.

-ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, the boat was clean, the ports of call (Bermuda, Boston, Newport) were great and departure from Baltimore was convenient. I think this is a possibly a good value for families with younger children. I will cruise again but on a more highly rated cruise line. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3

Bermuda is beautiful. The rating is for kings wharf. St George or Hamilton offers much more but,only certain size ships can dock there. You can ferry to Hamilton in the daytime, but St George is an hour away on the other side of island. if you want beach, just take a cab to Horseshoe Bay. They will line up at ship and at beach entrance at all hours. You can come and go at your leisure without being restricted by ship excursion hours.

You can rent bicycles ( but it's very hilly!) or you can rent scooters or scooter cars for 2 for about $50 that will get you around town. we did a Segway tour for about $65 per person 2.5 hrs. Beware that while we arrived in port at 9am, the tendering process for non excursion guests can take several hours. We arrived off tender at about 1130am.
Read 123 Newport Reviews