Carnival Legend Cruise Review by kyadto

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 8M

Carnival Legend July 2012
Great Cruise. Started by flying into Tampa on Saturday and staying at Tahitian Inn on Saturday night. Great place to stay that has airport pickup as well as cruise terminal delivery the next day. Van pulls a trailer that can handle lots of luggage.

Arrived at cruise terminal around 11:30 and we were allowed on the boat at 12:30. However we made a big mistake and left our swim wear in the checked luggage that will arrive at cabin door much, much later (around 6:30). So if you plan on getting on the boat early, grabbing lunch, and then relaxing by the pool, make sure you carry with you the change of clothes.

Yes the boat is a little outlandish in the decor as others have mentioned. My 21 yr old said the entire ship reminded him of a casino. Not sure how to take that, but certainly understand the description. I didn't book to look at the decor, so no big deal to me.

Food was ok !! (we only made the sit down dinner in Truffles three times). Its almost like they try a little to hard with being fancy with food. Just give me mashed sweet potatoes, don't put some crazy peach stuff in them as well. You know what I mean ? We did find they served the same meals at times in Truffles as well as at the buffet on the 9th level. I will say I did have a great burger at 12:30 a.m. that was very good. It is not 4 or 5 star dining, but a solid 3 to 3 1/2.

I took several underwater pictures that came out great. I purchased the Pansaonic TS4 before leaving home. A $299 purchase, but well worth it if you plan on taking underwater pictures. Takes great picture out of the water as well.

Chankanaab in Cozumel is a must. Spent the entire time there playing with dolphins, snorkeling or scuba diving. In Belize we picked up a flight out to Ambergris Caye for $75 a piece. A 15 minute flight that was amazing. Kids went tubing. Went to monkey farm and West Bay in Honduras. Go to Stingray city in the Cayman's. Your friends will think your nuts when you get back and they find you handled stingrays.

Overall a great trip and would go back on the same ship. Had the extended cabin, which was good. But looking back, probably not do it again since we didn't hang out on the balcony anyway. I could probably get away with a window or port hole. I do need to see where I am at, so personally I wouldn't like an inside cabin.

Publication Date: 07/11/12