Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by frostedthreads: OK cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

OK cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas

My husband experiences motion issues, so we thought we would try a quick cruise to see how he liked cruising before booking a longer one.

We flew in the day before and stayed at the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port. It was a great hotel. They checked us in early and provided transportation to the Port of Miami the next day.Embarkation went very smoothly. We only waited a few minutes. Our room was available by 1:30.

The stateroom was small, but for two people manageable. However the bathroom was super tiny. Every time I used the shower, I flooded the bathroom!

The buffet food was great, but as other reviewers mentioned there was almost always a traffic jam. Staff did a great job trying to get people to move to the back buffet. We loved eating outside. The selection of food was pretty typical for a buffet.

The food was way below expectations in both MDR. The lobster tails were a bit overcooked and I have never seen such a thinly cut More steak. There was zero seasoning on the steak. The next night we went to the other MDR - Crossings. My husband ordered the specialty of the day and regretted it. It came out as four fish sticks artfully placed. He loves seafood and had heard from other how great cruise food was and was very disapointed. I ordered salmon and then spent the night with food poisoning. Great Stirrup Cay was our favorite part of the cruise. It was a very relaxing day laying on a foam float!

We decided that we would like to take another cruise, however, we will do more research on the food, on whether the pool deck windows open, and smaller things like great desserts than can add to the cruising experience. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Fjord Deck

Great Balcony, super tiny bathroom. Need more drawer space.