MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by rieknie: not that bad as people say!

rieknie
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on MSC Magnifica Baltic Sea Cruises

not that bad as people say!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

first of all don't look at my English, I'm dutch speaking.

well this was our first cruise and I was terrified because of all the bad reviews, but I got surprised! ( in a good way)

ship : the ship is beautiful, lot of bars , lovely room ( not that big but what do you expect on a boat) and easy to find your way, the only bad thing is that there is no gangway so sometimes we had to go through the restaurant to go to somewhere little bit annoying.

activities: lots to do on the boat, pool( in and outside) 4d cinema gym .always lessons ( Italian origami dance... ) bingo quiz .. in the evening music and free theater (its short only 45 minutes max but its beautiful! cirque du soleil in mini:p)

service: people are very friendly! ( the Italian staff less than the other staff)

excursions: for me they are to expensive, there where always hop on hop off busses at the boat ( don't buy ticket for shuttle buss!) so you can go on a ride with them they take you More through the city and there not expensive.

we embarked in Copenhagen, it was around 250 kronen to get a cab from the airport to the port. when we came there ( around noon so early) there was almost no one there so we checked in in like 5 minutes en we could straight to our room! and we could have dinner at the buffet immediately.
also disembarkation went smooth! didn't have to wait long and busses & cabs to bring us to the city

the buffet was terrible! I'm not that picky but it was Gross! but you can also eat at the restaurant( free ) and that was great! the food was very good! so if you don't like the buffet just go to the restaurant . we also ate at the a la carte restaurant and that was just amazing! I have eaten in a lot of good restaurants but that was very high quality! the only thing I thought was a shame was that you have to pay for water in the restaurant ( in the buffet you can take water and coffee for free)

the drinks where very expensive! 5 euro for a 33cl Stella! but you know cruising ain't cheap so make sure you count that in!

my overall comment is that magnifica is magnifica indeed, just take enough money with you for the drinks, or if you wanna buy something ( or you can also pay everything with credit card) Less

Read more MSC Magnifica cruise reviews >>