Carnival Victory Cruise Review by CSIMelissa: Cruise #17 With Carnival - Perfect!

Carnival Victory 5
CSIMelissa
Member Since 2007
2,576 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Cruise #17 With Carnival - Perfect!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Really enjoyed my time on the Victory. It was my 17th cruise and I was happy to return to Carnival. Traveled with my mother and brother and we had two rooms side by side, and the balcony divider was open in advance as requested so we had a really BIG one!

The ship was beautiful, the service was what you would expect from Carnival - exceptional. The first night for dinner the waiters already knew our names before we even sat down. Didn't have a bad meal on the ship and we dined in the main dining room, on the lido and with room service.

As for starting in San Juan, it's a crazy, unorganized city but embarkation went smoothly. My favorite ports on this itinerary was St. Kitts and St. Lucia. (I highly recommend the 4x4 excursion on St. Lucia via CCL.)

Loved the shows and games on board. It's always nice to participate and meet fellow cruisers.

My only complaint was that we had to leave!!! Less

Published 07/11/12

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8C Balcony

Read All Balcony (8C) Reviews >>

Poured down rain here so I was able to cancel my excursion. In between rain showers we were going to walk downtown but never quite made it because the area wasn't that "nice" and felt kind of uncomfortable walking. Did talk to some other guests who walked downtown and they said it wasn't worth it. I wish they would swap this port out with somewhere like Dominica.
Read 998 Barbados Reviews

Another favorite port! Just walked around the downtown and did some shopping. Locals were very kind and pointed out sights that we needed to go see and told us about them. Some beautiful churches and the slave area really made you think. I want to get back here soon!
Read 1042 St. Kitts Reviews

FABULOUS port! A favorite! Took Carnival's 4x4 Beach Break excursion. Fabulous open air driving tour around this remote island, had bananas right off the tree (much better than any I've ever had in the States) and ended the tour at a privately owned, empty beach. No houses. No hotels. No condos. Just beach and wilderness. Stunning.

None of the excursions really excited me so once again, we just rode the water taxi and walked around on our own. I would like to go to the beach next time I'm there though.

Stayed on the ship in this port as I was tired from traveling and have visited it many times and will be visiting it again in the future. I do recommend Meagan's Bay if you want to tour.
Read 3414 St. Thomas Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X