“Not a bad cruise”

wolfie2702
Member Since 2012
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
There was alot I liked about this cruise, and alot I disliked. The cabin was spacious as was the closet area. It was as nice if not nicer than princess. The food as either hit or miss. I enjoyed the selection. They had the main dining room. A deli which was excellent. The grill was better than average. The mongolian grill although always crowded was worth the wait. Ice cream was always available. Unfortuneatly some of the meals at the dining roomm was terribe. I had prime rib that I couldn't ever cut never mind chew. Anything fried was badly over cooked to the point where it was hard as a rock. But there enough good things to eat and I never went hungry. Service was poor most of the time. Everyone seemed overworked, probably due to the obvious understaffing. Seems like no matter when i went to my cabin they were cleaning it. Often times there would be no coffee cups in the buffet as well as plates (i can't imagine running out of plates in a buffet). Often the would run out of certain food and they were very slow to replace it. They actually ran out of ginger ale in the main dining room. Waitstaff were very unfriendly and just seemed to be going thru the motions. Entertainment was to bad it was funny. We've all remember the boy band NYNSC. I kept calling the dancers out of sync. One dancer couldn't keep up with the others and another one actually lost her wig. I was happy to see they had out door movies, its one of my favorite thing on Princess. But for the life of me I can't understand why they were showing movies up to 20 years old. Some of them were box office bombs. The pools were nice. However they didn't enforce the adults only pool. Many people had their kids there and other passengers complained but it fell on deaf ears. Nobody seemed to care on the staff. I like the casino, dealers were really good and I was very lucky. They pushed the drink constantly. There were also kids playing on the floor. I guess their parents don't worry about second hand smoke. It sounds like i didn't have a good time but i really did have a nice time. I'm just warning people about a few things i wished i knew ahead of time.
Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B6375
We heard some music, but was in walking distance to everything. we didn't even need the elevator!!

Bus Tour
The tour guide made it very enjoyable. We learned so much especially about the titanic
Peggy's Cove
Enjoyed Peggy's cove. The tourguide was very informative and very passionate about Nova Scotia.
Published 07/09/12
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?