Carnival Pride Cruise Review by scottlynchdc: First Cruise - No Wow Factor but Enjoyable

scottlynchdc
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

First Cruise - No Wow Factor but Enjoyable

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my first cruise and have to say that I was skeptical going in and did not know what to expect. The Carnival Pride seems like a big ship when you board but you really quickly that it really is not that big.

The first disappointment - the food

We ate at the buffet for lunch and dining room for dinner. With the exception of one or two meals, the food at the buffet was better than the dining room and that is not saying much. Order red snapper for dinner one night and it was sooo dry that I could not even eat it. Others in my party ordered steak and never got the right level of cooking. The buffets are pretty standard every day with very few changes. For the most part, the food was bland and not very flavorful.

The second disappointment - the pools

The main pools are on the ledo deck. There are two and they are the size of a large hot tub and full of saltwater. The saltwater burns your eyes and you have to continuously avoid More others.

The third disappointment - the shows

In addition to being corny and just not good, they were also way to risque to be open to all audiences. There were at least five times during the one show where I cringed to have my kids in the room and sitting next to my in-laws. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Main 4101

Tiny Room near elevators and stairs that led to noisy people walking by. Had a quad room with kids, dropping beds from ceiling on both sides makes the bottom bed claustrophobic.

It was nice to finally get to a port of call that had more than just a beach. We shopped in the Port Lucaya marketplace and enjoyed our time. But you could really only pick one place to go since we needed to be back by 1:30pm. Not enough time.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

Very disappointing if you did not do an excursion. We went to the beach but there was not much else to do. The area near where we ported was all controlled by the cruise lines and did not get any sense of culture or local flavor.

Being their private island, I did not have high expectations but the beach was nice. The lunch was hard to find and very crowded.