Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by bird2sea: Fun For First Timer and Veteran Cruiser

bird2sea
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fun For First Timer and Veteran Cruiser

Sail Date: July 2012

Cabin was very roomy even with a wheelchair. There was a problem in the beginning about the wheelchair for Dad but Nicole in guest services handled everything very professionally and I really thank Carnival for having such good people working for them. The room steward (Jarold) was very good and pleasant and went out of his way to introduce himself and learn our names. He said hello to each of us by name each time we saw him. Getting to the ship was a little time consuming as their was a mix-up about having the wheelchair assistance upon arrival but all worked out very well. My 98 yr old Dad was who went with me on his very first cruise. He was amazed at the service received and very pleased. We only went off in port town of Antigua for a little shopping so I cannot really rate the other ports. Maybe someday I will go back and be able to do a more through report but we did hear good comments by others around us at mealtime. The food was very good. Only had one dish we had to More exchange but the dinning room staff was very accommodating as they always were since Dad was in a wheelchair some of the time and other he used it like a walker. He got his sea legs a lot quicker than I did this trip which surprised me since I have cruised more. Maybe first timers do that, it would be a good question to ask sometimes.

We did have a little engine trouble coming back which delayed us getting into Nassau and also back to home port although the Captain sure must have put the pedal to the metal as we did arrive a little bit earlier than was told which helped a lot of folks I guess. We did not stay before or after the cruise but next time I want to get in the post cruise tour instead of waiting at the airport, although people watching is fun.

I missed our meet and greet as we did not get on board until right before the safety drill which they had a special area for the the wheelchair folks which I thought was very nice. By time the drill was over we needed to get to room to unpack and go to dinner as we were both hungry after a long day of flying. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Verandah 8329

Parents letting children run down halls and hollering to one another made it noisy on several nights. I was surprised that being under the lido deck that we only occasionally heard chairs being moved around or them setting up food stations. I was originally going on this trip by myself so it did not matter where I was on ship. When Dad decided to come along and a wheelchair was added it made it a slight bit more crowded and tight for us to get him down halls unless wheelchair was collapsed and he used as a walker until we were able to open up for him. Other that this everything worked out well. Adequate hangers for both our clothing and drawer space.

We only did shopping in this port so really do not have a review.
Read 799 Antigua Reviews