Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by bird2sea

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: bird2sea
Cruise Date: July 2012
Cabin Category: 4G
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Fun For First Timer and Veteran Cruiser
Cabin was very roomy even with a wheelchair. There was a problem in the beginning about the wheelchair for Dad but Nicole in guest services handled everything very professionally and I really thank Carnival for having such good people working for them. The room steward (Jarold) was very good and pleasant and went out of his way to introduce himself and learn our names. He said hello to each of us by name each time we saw him. Getting to the ship was a little time consuming as their was a mix-up about having the wheelchair assistance upon arrival but all worked out very well. My 98 yr old Dad was who went with me on his very first cruise. He was amazed at the service received and very pleased. We only went off in port town of Antigua for a little shopping so I cannot really rate the other ports. Maybe someday I will go back and be able to do a more through report but we did hear good comments by others around us at mealtime. The food was very good. Only had one dish we had to exchange but the dinning room staff was very accommodating as they always were since Dad was in a wheelchair some of the time and other he used it like a walker. He got his sea legs a lot quicker than I did this trip which surprised me since I have cruised more. Maybe first timers do that, it would be a good question to ask sometimes.

We did have a little engine trouble coming back which delayed us getting into Nassau and also back to home port although the Captain sure must have put the pedal to the metal as we did arrive a little bit earlier than was told which helped a lot of folks I guess. We did not stay before or after the cruise but next time I want to get in the post cruise tour instead of waiting at the airport, although people watching is fun.

I missed our meet and greet as we did not get on board until right before the safety drill which they had a special area for the the wheelchair folks which I thought was very nice. By time the drill was over we needed to get to room to unpack and go to dinner as we were both hungry after a long day of flying.

Publication Date: 07/09/12