Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by 416christina: Impressed with some aspects, not impressed with others

416christina
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Impressed with some aspects, not impressed with others

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

The Good

Service was majority of the time extremely prompt, friendly and delivered with a genuine smile.

Rooms were clean and kept very clean by the staff.

The Bad

One night we were left for 2.5 hours before being served our food at the Select Dining on 5, this was with a dinner reservations made in advance and being notified that this was a combination of two birthdays between the six of us.

Food was mediocre at best for the most part. Breakfast buffet was greasy, eggs under cooked and never any changes in availability. Lunch was the same. Dinner was a little better but not really up to the standards I am accustom to.

Was told that we would have robes in the room. They finally arrived on the last day magically in our closet.

Safe didn't work in our room.

No mention of Canada Day (July 1st) even though we had a Canadian stop on the tour. But when it was July 4th it was a non stop "red white and blue" thrown down More our throat. I guess this is me nit-picking but I find it very ignorant when Canadians as a culture are completely dismissed by our southern neighbours. Perhaps even just a small mention in the announcements would have been nice.

The gym really should enforce the rule of no children. There are signs that say "No one under 16" but it was crawling with kids that were playing with equipment and interrupting my work out.

The Ugly

***PAPER THIN WALLS*** this was terrible for us, next to us was a child who was about 3 years old, we could hear her non stop and even could hear coughing in the room next door. The parents were not understanding on this, the child was up until 3am regularly, keeping us awake.
The paper thin walls also really stopped my partner and I because we were worried about being heard by guests next door or in the hall ways.

Plumbing didn't work properly a few times, our toilet didn't flush and then we had no hot water one morning.

Constantly being told to buy jewellery, on and off the ship. I like jewellery, I have a house account at Tiffany & Company and am known by name by sale associates. This jewellery they are trying to pawn off to the people is terrible quality and is shamefully overpriced for what it is. I have never heard of tanzinite before (even my spell check hasn't heard of it), stop telling us it is a rare gem.

Again, the jewellery - the stores at the ports are mostly owned by the cruise lines so they are heavily advertised in the maps and such. It gets annoying seeing the same store at every port. Didn't I go on a cruise to see different things at different ports?

A real piss off was that we booked this trip being told we could go to the Yukon on an exsercion. Well, in Skaway they only go there once a week and not on the day we were in port. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Oceanview Stateroom Continental Deck (2) 2188

No working safe No bath robes Tiny showers that you can't do anything but stand in Paper thin walls, to the point of being a problem with privacy

Mendenhall Glacier

(5.5)
Fun! The tour guide was very funny and engaging. Loved this part of the trip.

Totem Bight State Park

(4)
Nice, educational and in small groups which is really preferred.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(2)
Boring...

Not a lot to do and very limited by the times we were given. 6pm-12am is a dead time so unless you like to drink alcohol there is nothing to do except walk the city.
Read 553 Victoria Reviews