Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Justice1213

Cabin Category: 4E
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 1.0

Carnival Magic Fun
After reading previous reviews, I was nervous about the Carnival Magic, but we loved it!There were 4 of us (3 adults and one 10 year old boy).We had connecting cabins 6383 and 6381. These are those square cabins in the middle of Upper Deck. Though these are the same 185 sq. ft. as any interior cabin, the layout made them feel more roomy. They were located above the casino/Vibe club area, but we never noticed any noise. I will definitely be booking these type cabins in the future.

Service on the ship was great everywhere we went. My son loved the ropes course, water park, and Camp Carnival. As for us adults, we enjoyed hanging out in the Ocean Plaza playing trivia. Deck 5 has a wonderful outdoor deck that goes around the entire ship. There is plenty of seating everywhere here. Now, if all you want to do is sit by the pool on Lido Deck, then yes, it is crowded and hard to find a good seat, but if you venture beyond the pool, there is so much to see and do. We also really liked the Red Frog Pub. Our whole family enjoyed playing Foosball and shuffleboard while listing to the live solo acoustic guitar/singer.

I had also read in other reviews that the main theater was always so crowded that you may not even get a seat, but we never found this to be the case.

As much as there is to love about the Magic, there are a few things I did not like. For one, it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to eat at the Northern Lights Dining Room. There was way too much down time between courses.Our solution on several evenings was to eat at the Lido Marketplace. Each night they serve most of the same things they are having in the dining room, just buffet style. Also, the spotlight lounge (where the comedians perform) is a horrible design.There are only a few good seats in the entire theater. I swear the floor actually slopes away from the stage, leaving you sitting in a hole with the person in front of you sitting higher and blocking your view. AWFUL DESIGN!

My sons biggest complaint is that a lot of the time when the ropes coarse was supposed to be open, it simply wasn't. And not for any particular reason...no high winds or other weather factors. This was upsetting for my 10 year old who waited numerous times with no-one showing up.

Room service was fine, taking only about 20 minutes to arrive, and our Stewart was great, keeping our room tidy at all times. The casino was huge and you could always find open machines to play.

All and all, I like this ship and would love to sail her again.

Publication Date: 07/08/12