Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Barrymc

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: S1
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

First Cruise but definitely not last
Having been on numerous resort, city, theme vacations we finally decided to try a cruise. From the moment we got onto the ship (which was so much easier than getting onto a plane) we knew we had made a great decision. Celebrity Equinox is a stunning ship with every amenity you could possibly require.

We had a suite at the back of the ship on the corner which was enormous, much bigger than the 4star hotel we stayed in Rome before the cruise, the bathroom was huge and there was endless storage for all the clothes etc that we brought with us. The balcony was also very big as it was a corner balcony with a table recling chairs and foot stools. We also had the services of a butler who although we used very little was a wonderful friendly and efficient man.

We met our room attendant Jorge and his assistant (amazingly I can't remember his name), they were wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful and are in my opinion the finest staff and guest relations I have had the pleasure of meeting.

I must also say that every staff on board including the sailing crew were wonderfully friendly and always stopped to greet us and ask about our plans or how our day went. In all our years of travelling this world we have never been better treated no matter what grade of hotel we stayed, I advise hoteliers throughout the world to go on a celebrity equinox cruise and see how your staff should perform (at all times and not just when tips are being sought). Note to Patti our cruise director, you should spend some time with Jorge as it might remind you how to be a little friendlier and less abrupt, you were the only negative in a sea of positives.

The Food: another highlight for us, unfortunately we never dined in the main dining room as we just fell in love with the food, service and ambience in the speciality restaurants. In Blu we ate very tasty and healthy dinners and breakfasts and the staff were perfect (Young Sony is the most pleasant man I have ever met in my life, he really does bring a smile to your face).

Murano, the French based restaurant was stunning with waiters cooking some dishes at your table, the food and wine pairings by the sommeliers were excellent and we had afternoon tea on the last sea day served on wedgewood by white gloved waiters and a string three piece playing throughout. But our favourite was the restaurant we thought we wouldn't go to after reading some poor reviews here, Tuscon Grill. May I say that having visited many cities in the USA and always making a point of eating in their top rated steak houses I cannot understand how anyone could say this is not a good steakhouse, it is on par with Peter Lugers, Smith and Wollenskys, Abe & Louies, David Burkes etc.

Rant over, do go to this restaurant as from meeting the Maitre D at the door to your waiting staff and wonderful Portugese sommelier you will truly have a fantastic night, so good in fact that we were invited to the captains table on our last formal night but turned it down as we had a booking for Tuscan (again apologies to all who gave us the opportunity of the captains table but if it wasn't for how wonderful the rest of your restaurants and amenities were would have went, lol, so your fault lol).

We didn't bother with shore excursions as we came to spend our time on the ship and have see these places before, we don't regret for a moment not going sight seeing as it felt like we nearly had the shipntonourselves on the mornings in ports.

I could go on forever but I'm sure you would get bored listening to me singing Equinoxs praises if not already bored. If you haven't cruised before please do, we regret not having done this before and are currently looking at our calendars to see if we can fit one in at Christmas next summers is a done deal with calls made to our travel agent to start the ball rolling hopefully on Celebrity Reflection.

To all on Celebrity Equinox (im sure you read this) we thank you for our best ever vacation and you will have us on board again, stunning crew, I really can't say that enough, fantastic ship, amenities and entertainment, we will carry our wonderful memories with us always and are counting the days till we join you again.

All please feel free to contact me if you want clarification or other feedback or help, although a first time cruiser I will try and help as much as possible.

Barry.