Viking Truvor Cruise Review by Ann Cresswell: Cruising with Viking

Cruising with Viking

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

I most strongly recommend the Viking experience. The booking process is excellent, staff being friendly and most helpful,everything is taken care of from the minute you leave home to the time you get back.

Both the Viking Pride and the Truvor were well appointed,comfortable,friendly and efficiently run, truly a "home from home".I was impressed by the attention to detail which all helps to make the experience a memorable one.Facilities on board were very good and seemed to cater for all requirements.Of course a major highlight was the restaurant,nicely set out, freedom as to choice of seating,so important in the making of new friends,and the standard of cuisine excellent!Even my Granddaughter who is normally quite fussy, thoroughly enjoyed her food, particularly the buffet breakfasts,as did I.

The inclusive excursions and the optional ones were interesting and well organised, guides were helpful and imparted their local knowledge well.

The on-board information More was very good both concerning each day's events and keeping passengers up to date with news from home and abroard.

I thoroughly enjoyed both of my trips with you and will join you again,hopefully in the not too distant future. Less

Read more Viking Truvor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Truvor Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Truvor 414

Very good location, good views convenient to access all parts of the ship.The cabin itself was roomy and well appointed,we didn't want for anything.

The highlight at the end of a beautiful cruise along the River Volga.Such a delightful city with all the treasures it holds.Naturally it was very busy, lots of people and traffic. The summer Palace,the Hermitage and Peterhof were magnificent and I have the photos to prove it and to have as lovely reminders.It is surely a city to revisit because we couldn't see everything!