Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by bovinegal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by bovinegal
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: bovinegal
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

A super time
my family of 4, husband, I and 2 children, 20 yrs and 17 yrs. just got back from an 8 night cruise to Bermuda, Boston and and New Port.

We liked the ship a lot. Very spacious and there are places to escaped for quieter times. The Solarium is one. Our first night we were up at 3:00 am and we took a walk found the Solarium so nice and warm and we laid down on the cushion chairs and fell asleep. The swimming pool in there lulled us to sleep as the ship swayed the water would just go back and forth and it sounded like the waves on a beach. It was great to be there too in the day. Its for persons over 16 yrs. So you have no screaming children and no splashing like the other pools.

We enjoyed the food, mostly we ate at the buffett. Mainly we ate there because we are on the more casual side. Some of the dishes at the main dining did not suit us so we picked the buffett. A salad for me,whether it be lettuce, or fruit and a roll is enough. The best I had to eat in the formal dining room was the baked salmon, the lobster and the prime rib.

Our 20 yr old really enjoyed the Viking Lounge for nightly entertainment. Our 17 yr old enjoyed the ports more , but she is shy and wouldnt mingle too much with others.

We had wonderful staff too.

Our time in Bermuda was ok. Of the 3 ports all of us enjoyed it the least.

Bermudians are kind, however we had one bus driver from(the pink elephants) as they are calledthat was very lax with his driving skills and was whipping us around like an amusment ride. I got hit with some tree debris. the windows were open and some flew in the window. The streets there are so narrow, it looks like you are going to hit something all the time. I am so glad we didnt rent a scooter. That certainly looks very dangerous for someone who isnt used to driving on the left side of the road. The other thing that was a big disappointment to all 4 of us was Tobacco Bay. I had read at several websites its a great place to snorkel...NOT>.. we saw maybe 7 fish in the whole bay. We spent 2 hrs there and then left. It was a lot more for the rentals then from what I had read before going.

A very puzzleing thing to me was the bus stops. They are so poorly marked, we had a very hard time finding one of them in St. George to go back to the Dockyards.

The ships entertainment in the theater was AWESOME>. we had a magician, a juggler/comedian and another comedian and the dancers and singers of the ship too. They all were SUPER GREAT!!!

Publication Date: 07/07/12
Read the Bermuda ports review by bovinegal
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews