Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by 2nd time cruisers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by 2nd time cruisers
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: 2nd time cruisers
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome
My partner and I have just returned from a two week cruise on the Independence of the Seas round the Western Mediterranean. This was our second cruise with RC, last year we did a 7 day cruise on the Adventure of the Seas a slightly smaller ship, but both ships are fantastic. From embarking to disembarking we were couldn't have been looked any better nothing is too much trouble for any member of staff. We embarked at around 12.30 and only had a bit of a queue this was because I was in a wheelchair. Once on board we had a coffee and had a look around, our cases were delivered to our cabin quiet quickly.

ENTERTAINMENT: take no notice of the person who said it was like Butlins, ( I doubt they'd ever been to Butlins) yes there are plenty of quizzes an fun games, but I'd like to know what other he would do 4000 passengers especially on the "sea days". There are lots of people who like to keep their brains active when away from home and it's all good clean fun. I do agree about the sun lounges they do get filled up quickly especially the padded ones. There are enough things going on for everybody young and old. For children and teenagers there is no way on this earth that these members of the family can be bored there's the flow rider surf simulator, rock climbing wall, amusements, pools tables, mini golf, sports court an many more. The Royal Promenade comes alive a few of the nights with spectacular parades. The ships entertainments manager Joff Eaton was a real star his sense of humour is second to none he's soooooo witty, funny and very very friendly.

DINING: there are so many different places to eat with the Windjammer cafè being the most popular it's open from breakfast till late, but be warned it does get busy at times, but the quantity and quality of food that they provide is beautiful I'm a very fussy eater, but managed to find something to satisfy my taste buds on the few occasions we ate in there. We always chose to dine at 6pm in one of the huge dining rooms, we were in Macbeth on a table of 8, but only 6 of us turned up, but we had a laugh every night and chatted about our day adventures etc.

PORTS OF CALL: with regards to the trips I firmly believe you do your homework prior to sailing and read the information sheets put in your cabin on a daily basis an the one that has ALL the trips on is in your cabin on day one. . .

I have to use crutches or at times my wheelchair and found most of the people very obliging, what did make me and plenty of others cross is the way that a lot of people used the lift for one floor esp the youngsters!! One couple I spoke to walked up and down several flights of stairs to the dining room etc as and when and they counted the steps 156 steps in all.

Publication Date: 07/07/12