Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Jon Two Names

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Jon Two Names
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Jon Two Names
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Celebrity Silhouette - More Than Expected
My wife and I are seasoned cruise travellers averaging 2 cruises a year for the past 12 years. We have been on four different cruise lines but we always gravitate back to Celebrity and the below review will explain why!

We embarked in Venice on the beautiful Silhouette, May 30 for a 13 night Adriatic/Med. cruise with a disembarkation in Rome. The embarkation process was flawless and we were greeted by excellent staff every inch of the way from peer side to the ships staffs on board. This review is not about the ship but rather the staff on Celebrity Silhouette.

Unfortunately I experienced some medical issues (back) and felt my condition would improve as I relaxed on board this wonderful ship. Unfortunately my conditioned worsened and I went to see the ships doctor. I was greeted in the medical centre by a very sympathetic nurse and then taken to see the doctor. The doctor gave me a thorough examination and prescribed medication to help with the pain. Over a two day period I had IV medication given to me by two different ships nurses. All medical staff treated me with excellent care and I was extremely pleased with the price of this service. I was expecting to pay into the hundreds of dollars and paid less than $200.00 for this service.

Even though the medical care was excellent I required further treatment in North America. The 6th day into the cruise I decided to end the cruise early and head back to Canada. I notified the Guest Relations desk on board and again was treated with great care and attention. I had to make a phone call to my airline to change my departure flight from Rome and was on the ships satellite phone for 26 minutes with the airline. Celebrity staff waived the phone charge, and I didn't even have to ask!

I contacted the concierge to enquire the best mode of transportation from the peer in Bari, Italy to the local train station. He too was extremely helpful. He said he would phone a taxi company and have a taxi waiting for us at the gangway. He also arranged to two ships personnel to take our bags from the cabin and escort us off the ship.

15 minutes prior our disembarkation the concierge phoned our cabin to confirm everything was looked after. Two cabin attendants come to our cabin, took our luggage, escorted us off the ship to the taxi and loaded our luggage into the taxi.

One more item of interest and great service. My wife and I booked a 5 dinner wine and dine package. Due to the fact I was on medication and could not drink alcohol and would not use the complete package I asked for a refund. This was given without any hesitation or questions.

This is the first time in 12 years my wife and I had to cut short a cruise. The level of service, attention and care Celebrity gave us by all levels of staff was nothing less than remarkable.

Once home I did recover and am now planning with my wife our next Celebrity cruise.

Publication Date: 07/07/12