Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Johndoe813

Member Name: Johndoe813
Cruise Date: May 2012
Cabin Category: C1

Blown Away
I booked this cruise for my graduation from college. There were four of us my fiancee and parents. I was a little nervous when I booked the cruise because I did not know what to expect. I had friends tell me that I was going to have fun and that I could not in my dreams think of the fun I was going to have. When we got to the cruise port and the sheer size of the ship got me excited for our vacation. Boarding went smooth and we were on the ship in about a half an hour. When we boarded the ship it was more then I could imagine the ship is huge and there is so much to see. It is as you almost walked into a mall and not a cruise ship.

We went to out rooms which they said would not be ready until one but the rooms were ready by 12. We dropped off our carry on bags and went to explore the ship. The first place we went was to Johnny Rockets. The food was good and more then enough to fill you up. We went back to the rooms and our bags were there already. After getting everything situated we went to find a seat for the festivities. After we found a seat we were told we had to go to our assembly stations for the emergency drill. This was very smooth and not life jackets had to be put on. Just watch a film and then back to having fun. We quickly went back to our spot for the party.

The ship is so big you barely feel it move. The pools on the ship were great the one problem we had and it was not the companies fault were a few guys in the solarium that took over the pool as their personal party pool for the first too days yelling and drinking. They must have been told to take the party elsewhere because I never saw them in there again. You could always find a chair to sit in and with so many people on board you would think that the pools would be crowded and have no room I never experienced this.

The restaurants were great the service that we had in the main dining room was more then I could have asked for. The servers June and Nining always remembered what we liked and we never had to ask for anything. The food at times was good but not the best I had ever had but what can I expect from food coming from a kitchen that is cooking for so many. We ate at the windjammer for breakfast and lunch and it was awesome!!!. We also ate at chops grill and i would say the steaks were great. I warn you though the baked potatoes at HUGE!!!!

The viking lounge was great for watching sunsets and the service there was top notch. On the ship you never have to want for anything. All you have to do is ask whether it be a drink or help finding something.

The shows were good and i do recommend making reservations because they fill up fast and the stand by lines get long and there is no saving of seats so if you are in a large group make sure everyone has reservations. The diving show was my favorite although a little hard to follow but the dives were awesome.

The deals that are on the ship are really no better then what you would find at home and that was my only negative thing about the trip.

When it came down to the last night we were given our tip vouchers and envelopes. if you pre pay for your tips be aware that the tips are divided between everyone and do not just go to your head waiter and assistant. So if you think they did a great job do as I did and give them a little extra on the side.

The night before we were given tags for our bags for the time we picked to disembark. Getting off the ship was effortless and we were off in less then 15 minutes. We collected our bags and made it through customs in about 5 minutes.

All in all I would say it was a once in a lifetime trip and glad that it turned out like it did. My fiancee and I are planning on taking our honeymoon on the sister ship the Allure.

Publication Date: 07/07/12