Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by missminx7

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 4F
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

New Carnival Breeze
Carnival Cruises "fits" me. I love their food, their layout, their entertainment options, and was not disappointed. The new ship offered some great new choices, though I did see some planning that could have been better. With temperatures in the 90's, and 4200 passengers on board, the ship needed more than 2 swimming pools. While there was a therapeutic pool in the spa, it was an extra cost, and indoors - at least, they could have added one adults only pool. They did have more whirlpool hot tubs which I really enjoy.

As usual we had an inside cabin, and we have learned to select the best location, 7th level, midship, so no noise issues, and fairly close to everything. The cabin was magically cleaned and sufficient for our needs, and television had enough ship and other channels for the time we spent there.

I appreciated that we could get ship wifi, but I still resist overpriced slow internet, so only checked emails in free port wifi. The abundance of computer terminals if you did pay for the service was certainly an improvement.

The food was excellent. The layout, however, left something to be desired. Omelette station is always busy, but it seemed foolish to place cold cuts, cheese, and pastries along the omelette line, with people having to cut in and out even if they didn't want an omelette. Lineups for pizza were long and no more calzones or sandwich bar. The hamburger stand and Mexican place were great. With the warm weather, I realize the ship wants to flog drinks, but I consume a lot of iced tea and lemonade. It would be good to have a station in Serenity and 5th floor promenade, rather than only Lido Marketplace. And really, who thought of putting the basketball court on top of the otherwise excellent Captain's Cuisina?

Publication Date: 07/07/12