“A thoroughly enjoyable time ”
Cruise review of Costa Classica

mgm53 Costa neoClassica 4 A thoroughly enjoyable time
mgm53
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are just back from a very enjoyable week cruising on the costa classica. Having read some of the reviews on here we had some trepidation, but after having experienced the ship first hand ourselves I cannot understand the negative reviews. Firstly we were impressed by the organisation and efficiency of the embarkation and also of the elegance of the ship when compared to some of the larger ones we were to encounter in dock on our cruise. We were also delighted with the high level of service we experienced from the waiting and bar staff who were all very chatty and mostly Filipino or Indian. I went out of my way to talk to some of the officers who others have described on here as snooty and found then to be more then happy to talk to you. The few organised trips we went on ran efficiently but a lot of these you can easily do yourselves for a fraction of the price, particularly in Dubrovnik and Split. We had taken out the all inclusive package for £16 a day and this proved to be great value and I would highly recommend it. When on the ship I did a behind the scenes tour and found all parts of the ship to be spotlessly clean and in good order.
Costa neoClassica Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

I32117
We had an inside cabin which was quite spacious and also had the advantage of staying very dark in these summer mornings when it is light at 5 o,clock.

Walking the Walls
We booked a tour through the cruise line but I would recommend just taking the transfer and as soon as you reach the town there are people there organising walking tours for half the price.
Port
A real surprise a really interesting stop with a mixture of medieval building and modern day shopping all right on the port, you can book a short bus tour and walking tour on the pier with the open top bus company.
Read 242 Split Reviews
Published 07/07/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa neoClassica Review
Costa neoClassica Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?