Carnival Glory Cruise Review by marajade

Cabin Category: PT
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Glorious Vacation!
Early Saver This was a great deal! I started out paying $399 per person. Then, the price went down. I filled out a form online and they lowered our price. Again, the price went down, filled out the same form and we wound up paying $249 per person. It was very easy to use the Early Saver discount and I was thankful to save that money!

Before taking this cruise, I read numerous reviews on embarkation issues. I guess Boston/Carnival has worked out all of the kinks because this was the easiest embarkation I have had! We dropped our luggage off, parked the car, and were on the boat within 30 min. That was so fast!! We were very excited and thankful that it was so easy. We arrived at 11 am, even though Carnival emailed us asking to arrive later.

Glory Food Info

My favorite thing about cruising is getting to eat, eat, and eat! It has been 7 years since we cruised, and since then I have developed food allergies to tree nuts and shell fish. I was a bit concerned about eating on this cruise. Carnival did not let me down! Every night, the hostess came to see me and review the following days menu with me. She helped me choose food that was safe for me to eat, and then ensured that the chefs cooked the food separately, so that I did not have any issues. It was amazing how accommodating they were, and I was very thankful to enjoy every meal!

I tried the deli (mmm, corned beef!), Lido buffet, main dining room, pizza, and room service. Everything that I tried was good! The longest wait was at the deli, and it was well worth the 20 min. I waited! My favorite food was the Flat Iron Steak, Pumpkin Soup, and Chocolate Melting Cake. To be honest, I had the Chocolate Melting Cake on 3 out of 4 nights.

Glory Stateroom Info

My husband booked a port hole room for us on the 1st floor. I was a bit concerned that I would feel a lot of movement b/c we normally choose mid-ship. We had no problem. I loved being in the port hole room, getting to see outside, but still paying interior room pricing. Our room steward was very friendly, always calling us by our first name. He never bothered us, yet our room was always cleaned! And of course, we loved our towel animals!

Activities on board

There was always something to do! Josh, the cruise director, was a lot of fun! I enjoyed all of the shows, trivia, dance lessons (loved learning how to do the Thriller dance!), games, and towel animal making lessons. This was the first time we got to do a Murder Mystery and that was a lot of fun!

I really believe a vacation is what you make it. We had a blast and were very thankful to be able to get away from all of the stress of life. We are looking forward to traveling with Carnival again in the future!

Publication Date: 07/07/12