Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by akdurbin01

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by akdurbin01
Carnival Fascination
        7-9 5+
        16+ 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Fascinated on the Fascination
All I can say is WOW! The Carnival Fascination was all that I dreamed an even more. I was a little nervous at first, going with the family on our first cruise. We had never done anything like this before. My husband was a little reluctant about it. He wasn't nearly as excited as I was. The kids, well that's another story.

Kids Programs - My 16 year old daughter and my 9 year old son were very excited; my 17 year old son - not so much. He was afraid he wouldn't have anything to do. Boy, was he wrong! The kids programs were tremendous! The older 2 were in Club02 for 15, 16, and 17 year olds. They had dance parties, competitions, games, etc. all geared toward what teenagers like. My little guy loved Camp Carnival. He wouldn't go at first (he didn't want to leave the pool and slides). After he went that first time,it was hard to keep him away. They had scavenger hunts, games, etc . They even closed down one of the adult club areas so that they could play hide-n-seek there!

Dining - The food was great. Most of the meals we had were in the Buffet area. We did attend 3 nights in the formal dining room. It was the perfect place to try foods I had never experienced before. One item each night was called didja ever - it was a food that you would want to try but never pay for (just in case you didn't like it). If you ordered something you didn't like, you could just order something else. Or, if you wanted more of something they would bring you that too. The hot melting cake was AMAZING! Our waiter was Ali, he was great. All the food was great! You could eat all day long if you wanted to. Even if you got hungry late in the night you could call room service and they would bring it to you at no additional charge.

Cabin - Our room (M235) was perfect for us. We had the king set up with the two beds that pulled down for 2 of our kids. We kept one bed pushed up and out of the way so that we could walk around. Make sure you utilize the space under your bed for the luggage. It saves closet space for other things. Our room steward was the best! His name was Peter. We never had to ask for anything.

Overall - With the shows, games, etc., you could party all night long or you could just relax on the Serenity Deck. No matter what you wanted, it was there. This was the best vacation ever! I can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 07/07/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by akdurbin01
More Carnival Fascination Cruise Reviews

More Carnival Fascination Reviews
Just OK
Disappointing
FEB 2012 CARNIVAL FASCINTION 5...

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews