Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by akdurbin01: Fascinated on the Fascination

Fascinated on the Fascination

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

All I can say is WOW! The Carnival Fascination was all that I dreamed an even more. I was a little nervous at first, going with the family on our first cruise. We had never done anything like this before. My husband was a little reluctant about it. He wasn't nearly as excited as I was. The kids, well that's another story.

Kids Programs - My 16 year old daughter and my 9 year old son were very excited; my 17 year old son - not so much. He was afraid he wouldn't have anything to do. Boy, was he wrong! The kids programs were tremendous! The older 2 were in Club02 for 15, 16, and 17 year olds. They had dance parties, competitions, games, etc. all geared toward what teenagers like. My little guy loved Camp Carnival. He wouldn't go at first (he didn't want to leave the pool and slides). After he went that first time,it was hard to keep him away. They had scavenger hunts, games, etc . They even closed down one of the adult club areas so that they could play hide-n-seek there! More

Dining - The food was great. Most of the meals we had were in the Buffet area. We did attend 3 nights in the formal dining room. It was the perfect place to try foods I had never experienced before. One item each night was called didja ever - it was a food that you would want to try but never pay for (just in case you didn't like it). If you ordered something you didn't like, you could just order something else. Or, if you wanted more of something they would bring you that too. The hot melting cake was AMAZING! Our waiter was Ali, he was great. All the food was great! You could eat all day long if you wanted to. Even if you got hungry late in the night you could call room service and they would bring it to you at no additional charge.

Cabin - Our room (M235) was perfect for us. We had the king set up with the two beds that pulled down for 2 of our kids. We kept one bed pushed up and out of the way so that we could walk around. Make sure you utilize the space under your bed for the luggage. It saves closet space for other things. Our room steward was the best! His name was Peter. We never had to ask for anything.

Overall - With the shows, games, etc., you could party all night long or you could just relax on the Serenity Deck. No matter what you wanted, it was there. This was the best vacation ever! I can't wait to do it again!!!!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Interior Main M235

Our cabin was rated a class 4B interior state room. For me, this was perfect for us. There was plenty of room. We never felt crowded or cramped for space. We elected to have the king bed set up with the 2 pull down twins. One suggestion that I have for anyone that goes this route is to keep the pull down at the foot of the king bed pushed up when not in use. It will stay without falling and allows more space for walking around. Using the space under the king bed is a must. There is plenty of room to store the large luggage. The room steward, Peter, was amazing. We never had to ask for anything. He did a great job tending to our room. He cleaned it twice a day. After dinner, my little guy couldn't wait to see what towel animal he left for us! Being an interior room, there was no view. The location of the room was perfect. There was no noise heard from the hallway, it was far enough away from the elevators.

This island was one that I have only dreamed about! I had never experienced anything like it. The white, powdery sand was so soft on my feet. No matter how deep the water was, I could see straight through to the bottom. My 9 year old son and I were snorkeling and had no idea that we ventured out into water that was way over our heads. Horseback riding at Half Moon Cay was a must do for anyone! The guides were tremendous. This was truly an experience of a lifetime. Feeling the waves push against the horses as they were swimming out in the ocean makes one realize how powerful, not only the horses, but the waves can be.

If we ever visit Nassau again we will definitely take an excursion away from the main drag. We didn't drift to far off from the market there. The taxi drivers and other workers were very pushy, almost rude at times. That area was not the place for my 16 year old, blonde hair blued eyed daughter. It seemed that everyone wanted to flock around her. She was very uncomfortable. I am sure that Nassau is amazing, we just didn't take the time to go anywhere. Next time we will experience the beaches around Atlantis.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews