Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by JSTN

Member Name: JSTN
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Terrible Customer Service!
This was my 18th cruise and 7th on Princess. I'm sad to say its my last on Princess. After the ship was not capable of leaving port on time due to mechanical failure or who knows what? Some employees mentioned they failed an inspection by the coast guard (has happened to this ship before)therefore we had to stay overnight in Southampton.

The captain then told us how we could spend our free time in the casino. They then told us we couldn't go to Liverpool due to their new timeline. I then signed up for their Internet package to re-arrange my excursions I had planned for Guernsey, Dublin, and Liverpool. The Internet didnt work properly, I kept losing the connection, and in 45 min of attempting to use it, they billed me for 45 min of use? It only worked for about 5 min! The front desk was not helpful and could do nothing for me but shrug their shoulders. I made numerous complaints about our toilet not working in our room. For 4 days we couldn't use the toilet! We had to walk down the hall go up the stairs etc. Once again, all they said was sorry and gave us lip service.

They over billed us for excursions, dinner reservations, and they billed us for an excursion we made for Edinburgh Scotland... yet we didnt even stop there because of the weather! I spent hours in line ups and begging the manager for better service to resolve my issues (toilet, charges, etc) Once again all they said was there was nothing more they could do. The food was poor compared to Princess cruises from years ago, the alcohol tasted watered down, the extra charges for ice cream toppings says it all! I've noticed Princess going downhill for years now but this is shocking to me. See you later Princess, it wa nice knowing you!

Publication Date: 07/07/12