Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Krazy8s: Extremely Disappointed

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

Extremely Disappointed

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My family and I have been on numerous cruises through the years. As our family grew, we found that we enjoyed sailing NCL because of the Freestyle Dinning and the kid friendly atmosphere. We were always satisfied with all of our cruises before sailing on the Star. We had sailed the Dawn twice before because we fell in love with the whole experience. We live in NY and the itineraries that were offered were various and exotic. I had been through a number of serious surgeries and illnesses during the past few years and was finally feeling better enough to be able to take what I thought would be a nice relaxing vacation with my family. From the moment we stepped onto the ship I was extremely disappointed. The ship did not seem to be as well maintained as its' sister ship, the Dawn.

Upon entering my room, there was a horrific smell that came from the bathroom as if someone had just defecated and although I complained many times about it, the bathroom would finally be More re-cleaned, the smell literally lingered during the entire course of the trip. The sheets were stained. There was sand all over the carpeting. There were no bedspreads to be found anywhere to give the room a nice, cheerful look. My husband went to pour himself a glass of water only to find that the glass he chose was sticky, full of prints and lipstick. It was disgusting!!! Needless to say, I wound up being disgusted at the mere fact I had to stay in this room for an entire week after experiencing this during the first fifteen minutes in my room. The air conditioner was weak. It took five phone calls before anyone was even sent to our room to re-clean it. At the beginning of the trip, the staff had an attitude as if everything you asked that was part of their job to begin with, was an inconvenience.

After being on the ship for a few days, however, the staff did warm up and, well, you do form a sort of bond with them. However, I would never sail the Star again. Upon our arrival home that day, I did book another NCL cruise onboard the Gem for Easter break of 2013. We are willing to give NCL one more try due to our past experiences before the Star having been very satisfying. I hope we will not be disappointed!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 5590

Aquarium

(3)
An aquarium like any other.

Bermuda Triangle Cruise

(1)
Roaches and waterbugs in the bathroom. Not what I expected to see!!!

Crystal Caves

Beautiful experience.

Horseshoe Bay Beach

(4)
Took a bus to the beach. Beautiful beach!!!

Island Tour

(4)
Took a segway tour and it was fun.

Maritime Museum

(3)
it was a museum as you would expect

Royal Naval Dockyard

(2)
Exactly what you would expect from a naval yard.