Arcadia Cruise Review by Lovecruises1979: Simply amazing

Simply amazing

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

The only thing that was upsetting for me on this cruise was 1 couple, who ( audibly ) made it clear to everyone within earshot that everything was ( insert rude words here ) not up to the standards of The Queen Mary 2.

If Carnival wanted all of their ships like the Queens, they would brand them as such, and if people like this like the Cunard ships so much, why are they on this cruise in the first place.

A lot of people are complaining about falling standards and budget cuts, well in my opinion they are doing the same thing as P&O and a lot of other cruise lines by booking cruises like this in the first place, if they were not budget cutting themselves they could quite easily have booked a cruise with a similar itinerary on a more expensive cruise line.

Leon De Se Croix and the entire entertainments team and the Headliners were amazing, always on hand for fun ad enjoyment, and were always willing to spend time getting to know the passengers.

All More staff that I encountered were polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I only drink draft coke, and in certain places on ship this is not to hand, however on several occasions, the waiters have gone out of their way for me, and went to the other side of the ship to get a draft coke for me to have with my dinner.

Food was excellent, Georgina in the Belvedere restaurant was always friendly, and the food their was fantastic. I only had one complaint down in the Meridian restaurant, and this was not with the way it was cooked but the product itself, and they replaced it for me with no questions asked. I think some people complain far to quickly, and should try and allow them to resolve the issue first, which in all instances I have experienced, they do straight away. Maybe it is how we as customers handle the situation, going in all guns blazing does not get good results !!!

Everywhere on the ship was clean and tidy, there was scheduled maintenance on board at the Aquarius Bar Deck 9 & 10 aft, and it shows they are still keeping the standards high. Maintenance is inevitable, and not all can be carried out at once !!

The room was fantastic, and our cabin steward was very attentive.

The casino staff were also fantastic and showed me how to play roulette, and I walked away with more than I started with, so this was a big bonus :)

I would be very happy to go on Arcadia again, and I aim to work my way through the P&O Fleet.

Lets just hope the nothing is ever right crew stay away :) Less

Read more Arcadia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Arcadia Review >>

Cabin review: Arcadia G73

Larger Inside room ideal for my mum with her disability. This is not however a disabled cabin. The cabin is right next door to a crew area, however we heard no noise from this.