Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Sue Nightingale: Norway

Norway

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

We travelled down to Southampton the day before and booked into remier Inn which is near Shopping centre.
Handing Car over went smoothly and check in very efficient.
Accessible cabin had a very heavy door and the security lighting strip made it difficult to get through door. We requested a wedge to keep door open while going through door, this was refused by cabin steward and Pursers office.
After an excellent Dinner and a good show in the theatre we went to bed, and then our phone rang and I was asked if I had an emergency. this happened twice before we realised that there was an unlabeled alarm switch on headboard under my pillows. After initially refusing to sort till morning, the senior housekeeper arrived and after we insisted the bed was moved, there was still a light switch which I kept knocking on and off.During this time I asked for a door wedge and this was made for us during night!!!!
This was the only hitch on the whole cruise. Food excellent, very clean More ship and brilliant entertainment.
Tendering with wheelchair was handled very well, and plenty of help on gangway in ports.
Beautiful ship with good disabled access especially the toilets in the public areas. (the most we have seen on any ship) Wonderful stress free Cruise Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Victoria Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Victoria Deluxe Inside - Wheelchair Deck 6 6093

Very accessible but door very heavy. Good position near lifts in mid ships

excellent facillities