Black Watch Cruise Review by Londonlady2: SO VERY DISAPPOINTING

SO VERY DISAPPOINTING

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Other

This was a special Fred Olsen cruise for a group of music afficiando's many of whom had not been cruising before,so perhaps a younger set of people than the ship is used to; this could perhaps reflect in their attitude as all bars were kept open until the wee hours and the midnight meal service, overpopular.

I'd like to say there were some really excellent points: - our cabin was delightful - expensive for 3 days - but couldn't be faulted (like another reviewer we had 9902 and that little bedroom off the main one was really useful!) The cabin was spotlessly clean and kept that way during our stay.

Bar prices and drinks - both reasonable and extensive; excellent cocktails, served with 'nibbles' and surprisingly cheap! Everyone on the boat commented on this!

Okay, bad bits - the reception staff were actively unhelpful. We asked the best way to get into Amsterdam from the terminal and not one person knew! SURELY there could be details left in the reception area More even if the staff themselves have no knowledge. Thankfully a guest returning from his outing gave us the details - met with blank faces from the receptionist (no she didn't write it down for any other guest!)

I asked for a safety pin - got shrugged shoulders and 'perhaps the shop sells them' (shop not open in port btw!). Despairing of this "don't know, don't care" attitude, I bumped into our cabin stewardess on the way back who said there was one in the sewing kit. Thank heavens for her!

I'm afraid I also need to mention the food; now I've not been on a 3 star all inclusive in Benidorm, but this is how I imagine the food would be. The evening meal was just dreadful. All hot food plated and left to 'keep hot' for goodness knows how long before being sent out, stacked with stained microwave plate rings to separate them, into the restaurant for your delectation.
The first night I had linguine - put my fork in and the WHOLE bowl of it came up in a bowl shaped lump; oh yuck!

I could go on, but I'm sure readers will get the gist.

The company was fab, cabin lovely and bar drinks and service super; lets leave on a good note! Less

Read more Black Watch cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Black Watch Review >>

Cabin review: Black Watch Balcony Suite Bridge Deck 9902

Has room off main room with bed and pull down plus 2 wardrobes. Can hear bathroom next door