Carnival Pride Cruise Review by baf0117oc: Pride 6/17-24 - Grand Turk, HMC & Freeport Itin.

baf0117oc
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Pride 6/17-24 - Grand Turk, HMC & Freeport Itin.

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Our party of 11 were all satisfied with the experience and based on some recent negative comments I am writing a review.

First, I would like to say that the staff went out of their way to accomo date us and make our vacation a positive experience. Rupert, our cabin steward, kept our room spotless. Joseph and Gusti were amazing in the dining room and satisfied any and all special requests. They knew our names by the first evening.

Regarding breakfast service in the DR - one day it was slow. The rest of the time we had quick service. Of course the buffet lines can be long, but, it is usually at the peak of lunch or breakfast. Let's face it most folks are eating at the same time. We found most entrees to be very good. I felt the quality had improved when compared to our experience on the Miracle a few years ago.

The Serenity is most relaxing and we were able to enjoy it a few times during the cruise. We found drinks to be well prepared at the casino and Serenity More bars. Other times I questioned whether there was any alcohol in them.

Yes people save seats everywhere, but this time of year the ship is filled to capacity.

The entertainment is spotty ...male singer is good...don't miss the 'magic act' which is actually a mentalist as he is amazing and performs in the open lounges. I am in my early 50's with kids in the 17-21 range. I personally want to hear newer music and feel the singing dancing acts need to be revamped and put an end to the Elvis/James Brown era of songs and provide some acts that are current. People on this particular cruise did not appear to stay up late. We were usually up until 12:30 and it was pretty dead at that point. The comedians were funny.

David's restaurant was very good. Be prepared to spend 2 1/2 hours dining. It appears they are raising the price to $35 although they honored the $30 price that was stated at the time of reservation.

We participated in the early savers program about a year in advance and they did honor the many price drops that I found along the way which gave us a good amount of on board credit.

The ports of call are great for someone who is on a budget. We went to Local Village in Grand Turk and it was great. We were rained out at HMC by late a.m., but we managed to stay till the end and made the best of it. Freeport is what it is and anybody that does research knows this. My niece and brother-in-law enjoyed the dolphin swim and some of us went to Junkanoo which was fine although surf was a little rough. I think after GT and HMC this is a tough port to follow as the beaches are pristine at the first two stops.

Bottom line we had a great time and would go again because of the convenience of the Port of Baltimore to PA. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>